Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serious Date Bug in WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serious Date Bug in WHMCS

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited March 2013 in General

Careful if you adjust the date in WHMCS for billing cycles. I had a customer auto terminate after adjusting the due date.

It's normally say 04/01/2013 I changed it in the box to 5/01/2013 and when you click save it becomes 05/01/0013 so it was terminated for being a thousand years overdue :(

Comments

• @FRCorey said: terminated for being a thousand years overdue

actually, it was two thousand years

• Wow. That's quite the overdue invoice! Which version of WHMCS is this in?

• 5.2 but might be a earlier version still has this problem

• How did it terminate immediatly? Did you change the due date like right before the cron job? What did you tell the client lol

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@FRCorey said: 5.2 but might be a earlier version still has this problem

It happened once here too, thank God the client still didn't use the vps. Since then we stopped auto terminate.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Happened to us as well. WHmcs is just too buggy

• Ouch, have you reported this yet?

I also reported a bug with cancellation requests - cancellation reason shows in email what client entered but in WHMCS just shows as 'End of billing period' for all cancellation requests.

• @Patrick yeah I get that too, I have to go fish the email up.

• @FRCorey said: @Patrick yeah I get that too, I have to go fish the email up.

That one is already in there to do list for next update from the ticket I submitted but they told me for future bug reports:
    https://www.whmcs.com/members/bugreport.php

Though something like the due date bug should be high priority really

• 1000 years overdue

Oh god I laughed at that.
    Imagine the client, "My service is down, let's go and see why... 1000 years!?"
    Sorry but that is hilarious.

• We stopped auto-terminate years ago, during our Virtualizor days, because Virtualizor was brain damaged.

I don't really like an automated script whose focus is destroying customer data. I think WHMCS should put some sort of "better don't!" message on the automation page.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Damian said: I don't really like an automated script whose focus is destroying customer data.

Agreed. Ryan stripped the code from the VirtPanel module. It's incapable of issuing a termination command. Helps us sleep better.

• Turned it off on my end. Will just resort to manual terminations of non paid accounts.

• All services are manually terminated. suspend first terminate later.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@24khost this is one time it doesn't really look like you read the thread. We're not discussing policies we're discussing a bug in WHMCS.

• I did I guess I didn't answer it how you want! @shovenose sometimes keeping your mouth shut is better.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: I don't really like an automated script whose focus is destroying customer data. I think WHMCS should put some sort of "better don't!" message on the automation page.

Totally agree with this. Bugs here could be disastrous...

• @24khost said: I did I guess I didn't answer it how you want! @shovenose sometimes keeping your mouth shut is better.

I'd have to agree with @24khost in this one.

The reason why we adopted the "No Automatic Termination" is due to possible issues like this. Several hosts have already taken measures against it and do manual termination instead of relying on WHMCS to handle it for us. In all seriousness, it does help us sleep better at night knowing that WHMCS can't automatically delete any client's container.

So yes this is an issue in WHMCS, but why can't we also discuss the precautions we take to avoid issues such as this (until they patch it)? There's also the possibility WHMCS might have another issue similar to this. What we're focusing on is to make sure we're NEVER in this situation.

• I have this issue too, if a client skips a month of payment then starts up again it will back create invoices like this:

• @Spencer well, this might be a feature, not a bug.
    If a clients skips a month you should cancel his service.

• @shovenose said: this is one time it doesn't really look like you read the thread. We're not discussing policies we're discussing a bug in WHMCS.

Douchebag, that wasn't a bad advice from @24khost

• @BronzeByte said: Douchebag, that wasn't a bad advice from @24khost

Shower bag?

• No TommehM A douchebag is how some women would make thier nether regions smell more pleasent back in the day. Guess it could be called a shower bag in other countries as that is where you would use it.