Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USA VPS with 10gigabit uplink and unmetered bandwidth?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

USA VPS with 10gigabit uplink and unmetered bandwidth?

Looking for USA VPS with 10gigabit uplink with unmetered bandwidth.

CPU doesn't really matter, RAM doesn't really matter, need at least 2.5GB SSD storage.

Let me know if anything exists.

-Jamie M.

Comments

• shellshell Member
    edited August 2016

@toysareforboys said:
    Looking for USA VPS with 10gigabit uplink with unmetered bandwidth.

CPU doesn't really matter, RAM doesn't really matter, need at least 2.5GB SSD storage.

Let me know if anything exists.

-Jamie M.

depend on your budget

for $7/m ? not going to happen

• I just haven't found ANY, for ANY budget :(

-Jamie M.

• 1gbps uplink might work if dedicated.

-Jamie M.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@toysareforboys said:
    I just haven't found ANY, for ANY budget :(

search for a dedicated server instead.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • toysareforboys said: 1gbps uplink might work if dedicated.

-Jamie M.

Why would you need that much of a bandwidth. Also, it would cost you minimum $300. (Dedicated server 1Gbps)

• edited August 2016

It's for live streaming to a lot of customers. I pay $11USD monthly for 1gbps up/down unmetered dedicated, 10gb storage, 8gb ram, VPS from dedistation in Paris. They don't offer anything like that in the USA.

If I can find anything close to that for the USA that would be great. I assume it's going to have more customers streaming in the USA hence why 10gbps would be nice.

-Jamie M.

• toysareforboys said: I pay $11USD monthly for 1gbps up/down unmetered dedicated

what i see you dont understand what you pay ....

• oh come on, $11/m for 1 gbps unmetered, not gonna happen

• I'm not sure what you mean? It's for sure dedicated, any tests you'd like me to run?

-Jamie M.

• @tommy said:
    oh come on, $11/m for 1 gbps unmetered, not gonna happen

No? What about 10gbps unmetered on feral for $13USD per mo??

-Jamie M.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you pay for the bandwidth I see no reason for a provider to not offer you this. That will be a few k USD though.

If you expect the provider to effectively sponsor you bandwidth - it's not going to happen.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Like I said, the price isn't super important, I just don't see ANY!

-Jamie M.

• toysareforboys said: I'm not sure what you mean? It's for sure dedicated, any tests you'd like me to run?

Sure is. Not.

What you see is the EU-US difference; EU peering and transport is nearly free and you can peer off a LOT of your traffic if you are willing to get some transport to a few more remote countries (Romania, Spain, Poland) to cover them.

In the US you have a bunch of major ISPs that don't peer and charge for peering/transit.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Ok, thanks for the info. I thought the situation in the USA must have improved by now (vs. EU), but I see it has not :(

-Jamie M.

• edited August 2016

I had an offer e-mailed to me from here, I think I'm going to go for it!

8GB RAM.
    4 CPU Cores on Intel E5 v3.
    80GB SSD Disk Raid 10.
    DEDICATED 1gbps port with 2000gbps network capacity.
    8TB Transfer/mo.

$8USD/month

I could get 16GB/160GB/16TB for $16/mo or 32GB/320GB/32TB for $32/mo. Data center is in Dallas, TX. My other 1gbps dedicated server I did 6.2TB so far this month so I'm thinking 8TB should be just about perfect.

Thanks again for all the info guys.

-Jamie M.

• @toysareforboys said:

8GB RAM.
    80GB SSD Disk Raid 10.
    8TB Transfer/mo.

$8USD/month

I could get 16GB/160GB/16TB for $16/mo or 32GB/320GB/32TB for $32/mo. Data center is in Dallas, TX. My other 1gbps dedicated server I did 6.2TB so far this month so I'm thinking 8TB should be just about perfect.

-Jamie M.

Don't forget to come back and complain when it doesn't work out well for you.

Thanked by 2Pwner netomx
  • @toysareforboys said:

8GB RAM.
    80GB SSD Disk Raid 10.
    8TB Transfer/mo.

$8USD/month

-Jamie M.

$8 a month for those specs is ..literally too good to be true. Just keep this mind before you run anything mission critical on it.

• swiftway has 10G UNMETERED servers at around $2k

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

-snip-

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@maoyipeng said:
    swiftway has 10G UNMETERED servers at around $2k

So does HE when you single-home to them. It doesn't make it a good idea.

• Clouvider said: So does HE when you single-home to them. It doesn't make it a good idea.

hehe, yea depending on location though, and the contracts are... not too enforceable in the EU, you can just sign to single-home and then multi anyway until your contract expires (and they care). These kind of deals are in AMS and FRA (also PAR and less UK) pretty nice at times for specific network targets (mostly Europe though, HE to US has it's issues).

• edited August 2016

Working really well so far, never seen anything compile ffmpeg this fast! Can't wait to put it under some real load.

Reviews seem really good (ssdnodes). I bought one server in Montreal (OVH) and one in Dallas (Incero). For some reason the peering/speed is WAY freaking better from Paris to the new Montreal vs. my other Montreal OVH server so I'm switching everything over!!

I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

-Jamie M.

• two words for you: good luck

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Do you know how much costs real 10Gbps dedicated line to provider's? Yes, you don't mind, but it is not going to happen with your budget.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

We currently offer 30 gbps at 1 usd per month.

/jk

• FDCservers charges well over $300/mo for this. You might be chasing a unicorn

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited August 2016

@hostdare said:
    We currently offer 30 gbps at 1 usd per month.

Sir, $1 much money for my village, rain fell, make flood, flood come in home, flood take wallet, wallet float away. Please sir, if 30gbps/$0.50, great help sir. Thank you sir.

• deadbeef said: Sir, $1 much money for my village, rain fell, make flood, flood come in home, flood take wallet, wallet float away. Please sir, if 30gbps/$0.50, great help sir. Thank you sir.

sir sir sir sir sir thanks, sir, sir sir, you, sir sir sir sir sir,

Thanked by 2bacloud netomx
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

deadbeef said: Sir, $1 much money for my village, rain fell, make flood, flood come in home, flood take wallet, wallet float away. Please sir, if 30gbps/$0.50, great help sir. Thank you sir.

wow so poor , ok 50 cents for you only - get 30 gbps unmetered . Deal valid for next 12 hours starting from now.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @hostdare said:

deadbeef said: Sir, $1 much money for my village, rain fell, make flood, flood come in home, flood take wallet, wallet float away. Please sir, if 30gbps/$0.50, great help sir. Thank you sir.

wow so poor , ok 50 cents for you only - get 30 gbps unmetered . Deal valid for next 12 hours starting from now.

You God sir, you generous sir, thank you sir, thank you sir, sir you magnificent, may big flowers blossom on your grave sir, may Budda smile you sir, thank you sir, thank you sir.

Thanked by 2Francisco hostdare