Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 1GB, 4 cpu cores with a solid network in NJ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 1GB, 4 cpu cores with a solid network in NJ

NodePingNodePing Member
edited March 2013 in General

I'm in need of a vps for a probe server in New Jersey.
1GB RAM
5GB HD
4 cpu cores
400GB bandwidth
Stable network

I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks,
Shawn @ NodePing

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

EDIT: Didn't read properly...

• New Jersey is still a thing?

Sorry. I live in PA. We make fun of people from New Jersey. I'll show myself out.

• marcmmarcm Member

@NodePing - I warmly recommend Linode, they have a facility in New Jersey and provide good VPS servers with all the attributes that you've listed. Here is their website: http://www.linode.com

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited March 2013

I would say get it straight from the datacenter http://www.constant.com/cloud/vps/
    Constant/Choopa is one of the biggest DCs in NJ. And a freaking fantastic network. I have over 20 nodes with them and <3 them

edit: Looks like it is out of your price range, due to the fact that you need RAM more than HDD

• @marcm @Spencer - Those are both pretty expensive providers, I thought this was LET?! <grin>

• @HalfEatenPie - Thanks, but I tried a box at armorshark and their network kept going down - multiple short outages every day. I was hoping for a resounding "You gotta go with LET provider X - they're awesome!" Might have to leave New Jersey after all.

• @NodePing said: I was hoping for a resounding "You gotta go with LET provider X - they're awesome!" Might have to leave New Jersey after all.

You gotta go with @GetKVM_Ash! They're awesome!

No but seriously. I've had one of their KVM from Germany almost since they started (its been a long time). Been reliable and awesome (I totally blanked they moved to New Jersey too). If their New Jersey locations is as good as their Germany location (which it should be) then you should be set.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie I believe their NJ is with constant / choopa right? If so it should be great

• We got a few openings in NJ can do that custom config. 3.50 a month. interested submit a ticket an I will process it in the morning.

• flyfly Member

@NodePing said: Thanks, but I tried a box at armorshark and their network kept going down - multiple short outages every day

suck it up and grab a linode :p

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

DigitalOcean

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

At this point, I would also recommend Digital Ocean. They've had a few issues in the last week or two, but they've got a great reputation.

• To my knowledge, DigitalOcean is New York, not New Jersey.

• 24KHost is great in NJ. Can highly recommend, didn't have any problems with network etc.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2013

We're in NJ (KVM) and are rocking 100% uptime since our first node was provisioned there. Feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2013

At this point, I would also recommend Digital Ocean. They've had a few issues in the last week or two, but they've got a great reputation.

@RobertClarke Loosing customer data, backups, but more importantly turning a perfectly working VPS into something non-bootable is not acceptable. I vote NO for Digital Ocean. I believe that their new slogan should be something like this: "Digital Ocean, the swamp where you send tour data to die..."

• DigitalOcean only provides 4 cores with their $80/month 8GB server... little too pricey for this box.
    I'm going to try both @24khost and @GetKVM_Ash and go with whichever holds up the best.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.