Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free webhosting site name.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free webhosting site name.

draziloxdrazilox Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Hey all!

I was thinking about starting up a website that offers free cpanel hosting and I just can't think of any cool name. It would be cool it was some kind of smart domainhack.

Also I had an idea of making kind of "pay what you want" system so the more you pay, the more disk & bw you get, and also that there was a free plan. We'll see which one I'll make, probably the free only one.

Anyways, if you think of any cool name, I'd appreciate that!

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Free Webhosting = free abuse reports.

Seriously, all free web hosting does is bring thousands of abuse reports, trust me.

• LeeLee Veteran

nodontdoit.com ?

• betterdont.com

• twaintwain Member

whois phreebiehost.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

No match for "PHREEBIEHOST.COM".

Last update of whois database: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:00:23 UTC <<<

• @W1V_Lee said: nodontdoit.com ?

He wanted a domain hack.. so nodontdo.it?

• LeeLee Veteran

Ok, abuse.me ?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

How about hostnibble.com I have that domain you can have it for $2!

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited March 2013

@HostUS said: Free Webhosting = free abuse reports.

Seriously, all free web hosting does is bring thousands of abuse reports, trust me.

1. Not going to make it so big; 2. There will be no automatic account creation, I will review all the applications and also require a reason to get hosting.

I would also appreciate less "thisisfuckinghorriblei.de/a" suggestions. If you don't have real idea, just don't.

edit:

@shovenose said: How about hostnibble.com I have that domain you can have it for $2!

Thanks, but no thanks :)

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@drazilox exactly why I posed a serious suggestion. I ran a freewebhost for about a week, using that domain.

• twaintwain Member

@Damian said: He wanted a domain hack..

Ahh missed that... how about:

$ whois freeho.st
    No entries found for domain freeho.st

Looks like no restrictions on .st domains but might be expensive:
    http://web-solutions.eu/st-domain-name-registration.htm

• LeeLee Veteran

@drazilox said: I would also appreciate less "thisisfuckinghorriblei.de/a" suggestions. If you don't have real idea, just don't.

That's not how it works. :P

• @shovenose said: exactly why I posed a serious suggestion. I ran a freewebhost for about a week, using that domain.

What happened then :o ?

edited March 2013

@twain said: freeho.st

That would be kinda nice. Found cheap .st domains straight outta nic.st (35€), but I don't know :/ Of course if I want really cool domain hack, it might cost me, but I was aiming more at the $20 or less domains.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@drazilox said: That would be kinda nice. Found cheap .st domains straight outta nic.st (35€), but I don't know :/ Of course if I want really cool domain hack, it might cost me, but I was aiming more at the $20 or less domains.

Be aware that Google does not like domain hacks. If you get something like freeho.st, Google will think you are called "Freeho" in São Tomé and Príncipe.

• @Damian just.no lol

• I hate domain hacks. But...

[me@home:~] whois cheapsh.it
    Domain:             cheapsh.it
  • @sleddog Great suggestion, not just sure I want word "shit" in the name of it.

So the current suggestions are

• freeho.st
    • cheapsh.it

@joepie91 said: Be aware that Google does not like domain hacks. If you get something like freeho.st, Google will think you are called "Freeho" in São Tomé and Príncipe.

Thanks for pointing that out, but I'm still going to stick to them.

• @drazilox said: I was thinking about starting up a website that offers free cpanel hosting and I just can't think of any cool name. It would be cool it was some kind of smart domainhack.

Please define more, I just might be able to help.

• @Noerman said: Please define more, I just might be able to help.

I don't know how could I describe it more. Nonprofit organization. Offering like 256-512 mb webspace.

• @drazilox I meant for the name itself, what kind of existing domain names that you like and some words that can inspire us (or me) to generate some new great available domain names, specially in term of smart domain hack.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@KuJoe wrote a book on this subject. I think it's available for free. It's a good book.

There is a forum: FreeWebHostingTalk.com - but FWHT is a ghost town, last I looked.

edited March 2013

@Noerman said: I meant for the name itself, what kind of existing domain names that you like and some words that can inspire us (or me) to generate some new great available domain names, specially in term of smart domain hack.

Doesn't really matter, the first idea I had was mooseberry.org (was not available), so, yeah...

Just something that respects it being free/nonprofit, maybe.

edit:

@raindog308 said: @KuJoe wrote a book on this subject. I think it's available for free. It's a good book.

There is a forum: FreeWebHostingTalk.com - but FWHT is a ghost town, last I looked.

Found a password protected pdf from his website. Oh well.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?15084-The-Free-Web-Hosting-Guide

@KuJoe - do you think free hosting is still viable? I know you were talking about jumping back into the market, but seems like the Internet has become more abuse-prolific than when you wrote your book.

• nocomnocom Member

BTW deadpoolclient.com

• @W1V_Lee said: Ok, abuse.me ?

Should I lee ;)

• hostingfor.us

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

@raindog308 said: @KuJoe - do you think free hosting is still viable? I know you were talking about jumping back into the market, but seems like the Internet has become more abuse-prolific than when you wrote your book.

I think there will always be a market for it, whether or not it will be worth the headache for some is another story. I started up another free web host last month but it's mainly a side project and not something I am investing a lot of time or money into. The only money I've spent so far is for three domains, the rest is already available to me for free.

To give you an idea, I've done 0 advertising and have only 1 free hosting client and I've already earned $4.07 from Adsense this month. Not a lot by any means but $4.07 almost covers 1 of the 3 domains I bought so I'm 1/6th of the way to breaking even. :)

Thanks for the reminder also, added to signature. :D

@drazilox said: Found a password protected pdf from his website.

Password should be included. I don't have Adobe Acrobat installed anymore so I can't remove the password protection like I planned on it so I just zipped the password with the PDF.

• @KuJoe said: I started up another free web host last month but it's mainly a side project

Is it ddos protected hosting?

@vanarp said: Is it ddos protected hosting?

Originally it was, I' still undecided at this point.