Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much am i screwed up? Run "ip addr flush eth0"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much am i screwed up? Run "ip addr flush eth0"

xrzxrz Member
edited August 2016 in Help

How much am i screwed up? I did run "ip addr flush eth0"

Now cant get into server when boot via normal hdd, booting via rescue system at ovh but can not get eth0 up

Comments

• Just reboot it and if your network files are correct it will be fine.

• xrzxrz Member

I before edited them and added failover ip to network file, and it somehow does not wake up...

• xrzxrz Member
    edited August 2016

also i did tried in rescue system:

root@rescue:/# /etc/init.d/networking restart

* Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not re-enable some interfaces
    * Reconfiguring network interfaces... RTNETLINK answers: File exists
    Failed to bring up eth0.
    [fail]

• xrzxrz Member

Now online i want to change server ip to failover i did but got this when restarted netwrking:

● networking.service - Raise network interfaces
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/networking.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /run/systemd/generator/networking.service.d
    └─50-insserv.conf-$network.conf
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2016-08-19 10:45:59 CEST; 5s ago
    Docs: man:interfaces(5)
    Process: 5481 ExecStart=/sbin/ifup -a --read-environment (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Process: 5475 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ "$CONFIGURE_INTERFACES" != "no" ] && [ -n "$(ifquery --read-environment --list --exclude=lo)" ] && udevadm settle (
    Main PID: 5481 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Aug 19 10:45:59 xyz systemd[1]: Starting Raise network interfaces...
    Aug 19 10:45:59 xyz ifup[5481]: RTNETLINK answers: File exists
    Aug 19 10:45:59 xyz ifup[5481]: Failed to bring up eth0.
    Aug 19 10:45:59 xyz systemd[1]: networking.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Aug 19 10:45:59 xyz systemd[1]: Failed to start Raise network interfaces.
    Aug 19 10:45:59 xyz systemd[1]: networking.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Aug 19 10:45:59 xyz systemd[1]: networking.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2016

Hire someone who knows what they are doing, to manage your server. You are just waaaay too incompetent at this, I don't even know where to start untangling the incoherent mess that you post. And BOY do I feel sorry for OVH support which has no other recourse but to somehow deal with people like you.

And no, by

xrz said: I did run "ip addr flush eth0"

you didn't screw up anything, that's only until a reboot, it doesn't write anything to network configs or permanently into the adapter itself (LOL.)

Thanked by 3rds100 Jacob gattytto
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

God, this is who is handling anonymous access?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • xrzxrz Member
    edited August 2016

@Maounique said:
    God, this is who is handling anonymous access?

;) nope, btw this has nothing to do with my post

• miaumiau Member
    edited August 2016

Now cant get into server when boot

I believe you did much more than just flushing your interface.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2016

When you rebooted via rescue system, did you mount hdd to acces the original network configuration?
    I assume that you have debian or ubuntu, by the commands you posted. You have to mount the original hdd to an address like, /mnt/sda.
    Then, you have to edit your [mnt/sda]/etc/network/interfaces file, to setup your network again. You have to know what kind of config you do want for a server. What was installed into it? A virtualization platform? Plain access to the net?
    In your posts, it is unclear what is the current state, what are you want to do, what have you done till now.
    If you are too incapable on setup anything, enter the rescue mode, backup your server to a temp location, reinstall the server and move your files back to it.
    Or, even better, as @rm_ said, hire somebody to fix this for you.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Please seek help. @jh assists with things like this.