Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MySql Getting Restart or Stop Working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MySql Getting Restart or Stop Working

picypicy Member
edited March 2013 in General

Guys in my server i am facing high load as my site run many queries at a time. And so i enabled cache yesterday. so after that site performs faster .

Now suddenly i get message when accessing my site saying that "Couldn't make Connection".

So i entered in to root and i type " top"

And i see there is no mysql running http://prntscr.com/x6pjt , what can be the issue?

Is there any one experience in this can help me?

Comments

• krokro Member

Look at the system and mysql logs for more info

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited March 2013

@picy you should not be running many queries at a time. This topic burns me, especially when providers neglect the importance of the users they're hosting to properly execute and manipulate data. It does matter. And you should not be creating applications that push thousands and thousands of queries. I have seen major sites time and time again doing this wrong. Coders need to learn how to JOIN table data appropriately. Use indexing and foreign key relationships where appropriate. It is tantamount to chaining client side queries, abstracting class structures and Halcyon and on and on .. Or you can accept what is coming to you *for your ignorance and establish some form of standardized RDMS configuration file(s) hacked up to manage resources "more efficiently". If this is over your head just ask your developer if they've visited http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ in the past month. Even most open source CMS have modules, plugins, and extensions available to optimize queries and caches, saving you from having to do needless sql server "optimization".

• hight load, need switch from apache to nginx too

• I'd look at your queries and indexing as a priority. What query stats do you have?

• out of memory perhaps

• picypicy Member

I need someone to help me in this , i am now using OVH rescue system and facing a lot problem.

• ..why are you using their rescue system when all you probably need to do is restart mysql and optimize my.cnf quite a bit..

• picypicy Member

I am unable to get in to ssh as it say connection refused. I can pay if some on can fix this.

• As I've said before, we aren't your dedicated website management team :) http://freelancer.com/

• @picy said: I can pay if some on can fix this.

We offer server management for a monthly fee. We don't do one-time issues, though.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Bogdacutuu said: As I've said before, we aren't your dedicated website management team

There are usually some helpful person around here that can do the work for some money.

• @MikHo said: There are usually some helpful person around here that can do the work for some money.

This isn't his first thread asking for help, he could just ask the person he paid before to help him.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@natestamm - your rant warmed my little DBA heart.

• picypicy Member

Server loads are always more than 10 and i am on core i5 and 16gb ram server. what can be the high server load my server accepts?

• MunMun Member

Misconfigured server.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@picy you need a better server if your load is 10!!!! Should be at 4 or less, one per core, I'm assuming your i5 is quad core. You'd also be well served using a Server Grade CPU and system (Xeon, etc.) not i5 desktop hardware from whoever is cheapest.
    Our site is getting hit by huge DDoS attack(s) but if you can get through, I'd recommend a better server:
    https://shovehost.com/dedicatedservers.php
    Contact our Sales Department at [email protected] we can custom configure you a better server than is on our website, with RAID10 so you will have good loads, Xeon CPU, and 32GB RAM. This should at least get you a solid, reliable server. Then of course it would be up to you to fix the MySQL problem but with such an inadequate server I'm not surprised it's having issues often.

• MunMun Member

Could be hard drive speed as well :)

• @raindog308 :D .. i know i'm a troll But i'm like your neighborhood troll that will drink with you

• picypicy Member

To all , finally i found the issue guys. I did move my site to similar server config and ther e site running well btw i have one more huge traffic site over there and still the loads are minimum

http://prntscr.com/xgeah

I am surprised and send a mail to ovh regarding the faulty server they gave me and now they said as i have many problem with that server they are refunding me :)