Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something about Aruba, idk - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Something about Aruba, idk

2»

Comments

• this i probably a post that did idk

• Aruba works fine, i have VPS in multiple locations and a CC stored - never any charges outside of the 1EUR for each/month.

Georgi Georgiev

You have also a very fake sounding name, i would get suspicious on that alone already.

Thanked by 2jvnadr cloromorpho
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited August 2016

Nowhere in that mails says something about sms, just something about a message, and as someone said, it means e-mail.

• Signup trial, didnt get sms, ask support, wait, they activate by mail, about to top up see vat, ask support im not eu, wait, they ask for id, id sent, they remove the vat, pay.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@rokok said:
    Signup trial, didnt get sms, ask support, wait, they activate by mail, about to top up see vat, ask support im not eu, wait, they ask for id, id sent, they remove the vat, pay.

Step by step, but some people prefer - signed up with fake name, can't be bothered to verify account and open topic/drama here.

Thanked by 1kingpin
  • @td100g2 said:
    things

The SMS must be new as when I signed up last year I go my my information by email, but they definitely aren't a scam. Been using them for about a year now without any issue, well other than once last year getting sent someone else's invoice (and my own).

• @William said:
    You have also a very fake sounding name

Or parents with really good sense of humor.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

Or transcription from pre-Russian times in that areas, yea but still... sadly you have to expect that then partly - Just like i have to expect Austrians having issues with writing my first name...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Aruba is pretty awesome, pretty cheap and their service is reliable given the price you pay.

They for sure wouldn't scam you for 1.2 EUR.

• Wait, do Arubacloud charge in Euros?

When I first bought a server from Online.net my bank put a hold on my car because I was buying something from a French company. Took 2 minutes to ring them up and get it removed (<3 First Direct)

• sinsin Member

hostnoob said: When I first bought a server from Online.net my bank put a hold on my car because I was buying something from a French company. Took 2 minutes to ring them up and get it removed (<3 First Direct)

That's one of the reasons why I love my Paypal Debit card so I can purchase from Online.net or any other overseas hosting company and it'll show up as a Paypal purchase so my bank won't deny it.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited August 2016

Maybe instead of immediately accusing a company of a literal crime based on complete conjecture you should ask your bank why they blocked your card?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • where's the kid op :P how old are you? :)

accusing Arubacloud fraud, for a nonsense reason.

• I faced the 'sms not received' issue too(probably because of Indian telco policy)

I just ticketed and they sent the vps CP info via my associated email. No issues after that.

Did you abuse the support agent or is something 'off' about your credit card not matching your location and identity?

Could be false positive on their anti-fraud measuses.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2016

@rokok said:
    Signup trial, didnt get sms, ask support, wait, they activate by mail, about to top up see vat, ask support im not eu, wait, they ask for id, id sent, they remove the vat, pay.

Lucky you, i needed it for company, gave them the VAT ID which works everywhere and is recorded in VIES of course, they asked for papers and stuff... After a few exchanges with a clueless support guy, I understood there is no chance, even if pay by bank transfer from company's account, they are supposedly better at vetting me from some scanned papers than an EU bank which opened an account in my company's name, saw the originals and interrogated a few databases...

I ended up taking their offer for some personal projects, 10 times less of what i would have spent in company's name.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2016

Maounique said: Lucky you, i needed it for company, gave them the VAT ID which works everywhere and is recorded in VIES of course, they asked for papers and stuff... After a few exchanges with a clueless support guy, I understood there is no chance, even if pay by bank transfer from company's account, they are supposedly better at vetting me from some scanned papers than an EU bank which opened an account in my company's name, saw the originals and interrogated a few databases...

Welcome to Italy. That's not them, that's Rome. And it's absolutely nothing against Poland, though.

• William said: Poland

Romania

• rds100 said: Romania

I know that - The point was that Polands tax code is even more complicated (It's by far the worst in the entire EU) than in Italy, not the nationality.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

The guy which answered me was french and they charge french VAT, not romanian one, as the law requires, even if they would not accept I do not have to pay, they should still charge romanian VAT and deliver it to Romanian authorities. he never implied he would think I am french, just that I need to show him my company VIES registered VAT is valid. Romanian too.