Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to edit and save this file ... ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

how to edit and save this file ... !

2»

Comments

• @arieonline said: what do you use for networking: host-only, nat, or bridge ?

nat

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Use bridged networking.

• I have a tip for you @shyaminayesh. In the future, when asking questions, explain what your actual issue is rather than the specific thing you are trying to do.

For instance, your actual problem is that you are having trouble getting a virtual machine to connect to the internet. The specifics that you would want to provide are that you are using VMWare on a local install (it would also be helpful to know what operating system VMWare is running on, including the version), how you configured the networking on the virtual machine (both in VMWare and in the CentOS config), what you've done to confirm that the internet connection is failing, and what error messages you get when the connections fail.

Providing information in this manner could have saved nearly 12 hours worth of back and forth and could have already produced a solution for you. Instead, it took more than 8 hours to get to the basic details I outlined above.

• @Infinity said: Use bridged networking.

This is the easiest method.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Searched nano on the page, sounds like this thread has been pretty much answered 10 times over :)

• yeah ... issue resolve ... i set vmware to bridge network interface and assign IP address to the virtual PC using this command and restart ... it's working now ... thank you all ...

vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

after edit file look likes this ...
    DEVICE=eth0
    HWADDR=
    TYPE=Ethernet
    UUID=<>
    ONBOOT=yes <- this is for apply changes after restart
    IPADDR=192.168.1.25
    NETMASK=255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
    DNS1=8.8.8.8 <- google public dns
    DNS2=8.8.4.4
    USERCTL=yes <- i don't know what is this ...

i think this is helpful for someone who searching this ...
    thanks to all who help me ...

• Actually it's easier if the vm using dhcp. :D

• @budingyun said: Actually it's easier if the vm using dhcp. :D

:o