Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Softaculous without any control panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Softaculous without any control panel?

vanarpvanarp Member
edited March 2013 in General

I am wondering if it is possible to use Softaculous (or similar) on a VPS without having to use any commercial web hosting control panel?

Appreciate any insights into this kind of setup.

Comments

• No. To my knowledge there is no way to do this.

I mean you can always look into Turnkey Linux images if you seriously need a one-click install.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Kind of takes the fun out of it :(

• @jarland said: Kind of takes the fun out of it :(

This too. I personally enjoy getting a fresh server/container running and installing each service individually.

• @vanarp said: I am wondering if it is possible to use Softaculous (or similar) on a VPS without having to use any commercial web hosting control panel?

Yes, you can, as long as you're willing to pay. It's called webuzo, and basically it is softaculous installed on a base centos image. See: http://www.webuzo.com/

License may very, probably $5/mo depending on your partner noc.

Thanked by 1valley_webuzo
  • Unfortunately Softaculous do not support Kloxo or other because they are open source.

I think there is one alternate which support Kloxo but bit more pricy.

see this:-

http://installatron.com/plugin/download/kloxo

@vanarp said: VPS without having to use any commercial web hosting control panel?

I hope I understood it right.

M.

• @unused said: Yes, you can, as long as you're willing to pay. It's called webuzo, and basically it is softaculous installed on a base centos image. See: http://www.webuzo.com/

Free and Paid both options are available.
    Certainly does not contain WP, Joomla, Drupal and other popular app in Free option.

M.

Thanked by 1valley_webuzo
  • @HalfEatenPie said: I mean you can always look into Turnkey Linux images if you seriously need a one-click install.

Turnkey restricts one image for one app I believe. My intention is to run a small shared host on a VPS with different Apps (blog/forum/cms etc.).

@jarland said: Kind of takes the fun out of it :(

I agree, but I do not want to keep track of too many things myself.

@unused said: Yes, you can, as long as you're willing to pay. It's called webuzo, and basically it is softaculous installed on a base centos image. See: http://www.webuzo.com/

Thank you for the link. Will check it out.

Thank you. Will check this one too.

@MikeIn said: Certainly does not contain WP, Joomla, Drupal and other popular app in Free option.

Does anyone know if I can get good discount on license through someone here?

• I think installatron is free for 1st domain with premium options.

Atleast with webuzo free one you cant create multiple A/C, but you can host multiple domain.

Also webuzo is very very easy to install.

• @MikeIn said: I think installatron is free for 1st domain with premium options.

Atleast with webuzo free one you cant create multiple A/C, but you can host multiple domain.

Thank you for those details. Will explore them.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@vanarp said: I agree, but I do not want to keep track of too many things myself.

This is asking for trouble. You need to keep everything as updated as possible...

• @Maounique said: This is asking for trouble. You need to keep everything as updated as possible...

The reason for Softaculous (or similar) is to save me installation pains. I way mean more than a couple of installations. It it is about running a few Apps, I very well can manage myself.

I agree about keeping the web applications up to date. In case of WP, the admin dashboard very well reminds me of updates. Not sure about other Apps though. Softaculous is also useful as it alerts about updates availability.