Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic shoots self in foot.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic shoots self in foot.

Looks like crissic is getting rid of all their original clients from before skylar sold it off. Why bother buying clients if your going to do this.

** IMPORTANT EMAIL NOTICE ** Please read this email in its entirety and let us know if you have any questions! (Relevant information that pertains to active Crissic services)

Based upon market driving-forces and an abundance of client feedback, Crissic has been refocusing service offerings towards providing an upscale user-experience and managed services. With the completion of our initial planning phase, Crissic is now ready to move forward with this product offering at full force.

What does this mean to you?

Due to service and infrastructure improvements being implemented, the following current service types will no longer be available (or renewed) after their respective service expiration dates:

Quarterly (3 month pre-payments)

Semi-annually (6 month pre-payments)

Annually (1 year pre-payments)

Biannually (2 year prepayments)

Triannually (3 year prepayments)

The following information is important to any clients that have any of the above services:

Current services will continue to remain active until the present period’s service expiration date (** No services will be interrupted prematurely **). Upon the expiration of the existing service term, services will be discontinued and affected VM’s will be taken offline. Please plan accordingly and contact us prior to service expiration if you have any questions.

Clients who are presently on one of the above deprecated service offerings who are interested in retaining services with us are advised to speak with our sales department prior to the expiration of services so that we may discuss your requirements and find the best fit for you based upon our managed monthly services that we will continue to offer.

Clients who pay with PayPal subscriptions: Please be sure to log into your PayPal account and cancel any payment subscriptions you may have set up with Crissic. Any received payments from non-canceled subscriptions will be applied to your account as service credits, which can be utilized for future managed hosting services, or refunded upon request. (Special note, please be aware that renewal of an active PayPal subscription for a discontinued service type will not be considered a renewal of services - any of the above affected services will be discontinued on the existing term’s expiration date and services will be discontinued (affected VM’s will be taken offline).

IP Address Re-Numbering (applies to some customers):

In order to complete our implementation phase, infrastructure will be further integrated into our premium network. While we have delayed and withheld any changes to IPv4 addressing since the Crissic acquisition, it is now necessary that IPv4 resources are restructured.

What does this mean to you?

Starting 8/18/16, some clients may receive a change of IPv4 address. If your IPv4 address requires renumbering, you will receive an email from Crissic’s Support Staff notifying you of your new IPv4 addresses.

We do value any feedback and sincerely appreciate your business; please contact us with any questions you may have.

--

Thank You,

Crissic Solutions

Fully Managed VPS & Dedicated Server Solutions

http://www.crissic.net/

Thanked by 1Tom

Comments

• Low-end clients aren't as lucrative as upscale clients...

Businesses that have investors will pivot this way. These investors have been willing to forgo dividends for the meantime but you don't inject capital into a company for it to stay chasing low-margin profits forever.....

Thanked by 1princeshoko
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Emptying out the IP ranges then renumbering the leftovers so they have full /24s to rent out for a much higher price. Pretty good business decision really.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2016

@trewq said:
    Emptying out the IP ranges then renumbering the leftovers so they have full /24s to rent out for a much higher price. Pretty good business decision really.

They're probably getting close to fully allocating the /19+ that Crissic had spare. That, and the revenue coming in is getting close to covering the buy price.

Honestly i'm surprised they've let things continue for this long. There's a lot of IP space tied up in very tiny plans that get gobbled by fees. I don't think QNET ever wanted to be competing with their own colocation customers and they get a nod for closing sales early into the buy out.

Francisco

• bitseekerbitseeker Member
    edited August 2016

I got the email too. We knew this day would come. It was inevitable that they would reclaim the IPs. They're going about it nicely, though.

There have been a lot of outages in FL since QNET took over, so I don't think I'll be continuing with them.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

Yep, it was fairly obvious this was on the cards, they are allowing people to continue the term they are on, which seems fair, I mean that is all you have committed to them, so that is all they are committing to you.

It would be nice to see some wiggle room for people who's term is up in less than 14 days though.

Not sure I understand the shooting in the foot reference though?

AnthonySmith said: Not sure I understand the shooting in the foot reference though?

Yeah, same. It's pretty obvious why they took the brand, and it wasn't because there was a bunch of great gear in there to snag up.

Francisco

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

This was obvious all about IPV4 !

Thanked by 2Dumbledore Maounique
  • Which way to the "Crissic refugee" deals?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • I used to check my old IP from Crissic about once per month, but it never resolved. So their nefarious plans are still hidden to the outside world!!!! We may never know!

• ATHKATHK Member

I didnt get this email and I'm a client..

• BradBrad Member

@ATHK said:
    I didnt get this email and I'm a client..

I got mine an hour after this thread, so maybe wait a bit more.

• @ATHK, mine went into spam. After finding it, I came here to see what LET had to say about it.

• my service with them is expiring in 2 days... I received my invoice to renew about a week back. And today when I was getting ready to pay my dues, I saw this email. Now this leaves me just under 2 days to think of a replacement, backup and get stuff on the replacement. No grace period, Nothing. All during the work week.

Pathetic

Thanked by 1princeshoko
  • What they did is pretty much the polar opposite of shooting yourself in the foot.

Maybe the amount of revenue generated by the clients recently paid off the check they wrote. Whatever the reason, now they have shiny pile of gold to exploit.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Microlinux said: What they did is pretty much the polar opposite of shooting yourself in the foot.

That was my thought, too. Keeping a bunch of LET clients would more likely be pedicide.

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • miaumiau Member
    edited August 2016

The good low vps is now officially extinct.

I mean I doubt you could find any other provider offering you 256mb RAM/SWP, 50GB disk, 750GB bw, 1gbps port, 2 core... All at pre discounted price of $10, and it totally doesn't suck at all.

• CrabCrab Member

So if you have an existing monthly plan, you're safe (for now)?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • TL;DR, they want you to pay $$$ or take a walk.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Crab said: So if you have an existing monthly plan, you're safe (for now)?

That does seem to be the message, albeit it does not make sense.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2016

Do not mourn the passing of Crissic.

There are many good providers, some have even replied to this thread.

Leave the new owners to their IPv4 hoarding, do not pay them another dollar.

Move to a host to whom you are viewed as customer, not a commodity or temporary nuisance.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • LeeLee Veteran

Maounique said: albeit it does not make sense.

It does, all they want to be left with is the month to month payments, many will fall off naturally, others can be shutdown quickly for abuse and the like without disputes on 2 years left on plan and so on.

@Lee said:

Maounique said: albeit it does not make sense.

It does, all they want to be left with is the month to month payments, many will fall off naturally, others can be shutdown quickly for abuse and the like without disputes on 2 years left on plan and so on.

I wouldn't doubt that yearly payments make up 60%+ of their users as well as a large amount of their support overhead.

Francisco

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:

Crab said: So if you have an existing monthly plan, you're safe (for now)?

That does seem to be the message, albeit it does not make sense.

Does potentially. They can't reclaim a Subnet even if they have a single Client that, say has a year left on a service, so they may as well let it continue until the subnets have none but monthly Customers and then terminate them subnet after subnet. That allows them to labersge the asset even more.

• Nekki said: Move to a host to whom you are viewed as customer, not a commodity or temporary nuisance.

like this . and still LOVE YOU !

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I thought they mentioned that they would keep the current clients/honor it?

What a bad move. So many people that are about to cancel in the end of their billing period. I'm sure we will see a lot of refugee promos.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

What a bad move. So many people that are about to cancel in the end of their billing period. I'm sure we will see a lot of refugee promos.

He said, winking in the direction of every provider in the room.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

@MrGeneral said:

He said, winking in the direction of every provider in the room.

Heh holy damn. Poor Crissic clients. Poor company reputation that was great before the acquisition.

• MrGeneral said: I'm sure we will see a lot of refugee promos.

Where's delimeter when we need them ?

Thanked by 2MikePT netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@sdglhm said:

MrGeneral said: I'm sure we will see a lot of refugee promos.

Where's delimeter when we need them ?

What's a 'delimiter'.

Thanked by 2MikePT tux
  • linuxclarklinuxclark Member
    edited August 2016

@Lee said:
    It does, all they want to be left with is the month to month payments,

That is their month to month "managed" plan. how many Lowend people will move to their "managed" plan?

I got the email too, will certainly not moving to their managed plan, and that is what they what.