Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

96MB OpenVZ = $14/Year | 128MB OpenVZ = $18/Year | 128MB Xen PV = $24/Year @ SecureDragon.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

96MB OpenVZ = $14/Year | 128MB OpenVZ = $18/Year | 128MB Xen PV = $24/Year @ SecureDragon.net

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited December 2011 in Offers

It's been a long time since we offered any type of promotion or even did any advertising at all so we wanted to get one last deal out there for the holidays. We've made some changes to our whole operation and hope everybody enjoys all of the new hardware nodes. :)

In addition to our regular plans, here are the promotions we are offering (limited number):
O96
96MB Dedicated RAM
192MB Burst
5GB RAID10 SAS Disk Space
200GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4
1 CPU Core
100Mbps Port
$14/Year! (Promotion 14FORLEB)

O128
128MB Dedicated RAM
256MB Burst
15GB RAID10 SAS Disk Space
500GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4
1 CPU Core
100Mbps Port
$18/Year! (Promotion 18FORLEB)

X128
128MB Dedicated RAM
256MB swap
7GB RAID10 SAS Disk Space
500GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4
2 CPU Cores
100Mbps Port
$24/Year! (Promotion XEN4US)

We also have a universal promotion for all of our services: 50% off the first month using coupon 50OFF

https://SecureDragon.net

Comments

• Holy Shit, a LEB Offer that's legitimate! Well done Joe ;)

Congratulations on the 2011 Startup Accolades as well!

Regards,

Joel

• 1 IPv4
    $14/Year! (Promotion 14FORLEB)

Still thinking about that Anthony's question about no-ip boxes.
    All: how do you think, what could be the price for that 14$-year box without ip4?

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

TUN device available? Do you use he.net for routing?

Edit: Yes, TUN is available (according to their FAQ).

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

@Joel Thanks! We thought since our offers hadn't been appearing on LEB people forgot about us but after reading that thread I'm so glad that wasn't the case. That thread is actually what got me to put the $14/year promotion back up instead of the normal $16/year one. :)

@breton So you would only have console access and no internet access at all?

@japon As you found, TUN is available upon request. We do not use HE.net but GoRACK has been in talks to get HE added to the mix but right now we only have nLayer, Level3, and TWTC (I think another carrier was to be added this month but I cannot remember who or when).

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

My X128 package is really nice. Great performance and support. Well done :)

• japonjapon Member
    edited December 2011

@KuJoe said: As you found, TUN is available upon request. We do not use HE.net but GoRACK has been in talks to get HE added to the mix but right now we only have nLayer, Level3, and TWTC (I think another carrier was to be added this month but I cannot remember who or when).

I've had/still have quite bad experiences with he.net. Their routing has some flaws. So whenever a provider does not use he.net, it's worth for me having a look at him.

As it stands most of our routing goes over nLayer which is amazing compared to Level3 and TWTC. HE.net has been in the works for a while primarily for IPv6 but now with nLayer added to the mix we have redundant IPv6 over nLayer and Level3 although we are not offering it at this time due to firewall restrictions (i.e. we can't find an affordable firewall that offers IPv6 support).

• @KuJoe said:

@breton So you would only have console access and no internet access at all?

So I'd only have some ports available. Could be perfect for VPN, for example. Or development. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/16883
    I'm just interested, not asking you to do it.

Not a bad idea. I'm not to network savvy though so the NAT and bandwidth monitoring in SolusVM might prove an obstacle. If all you're looking for is a VPN, why not purchase a VPN account somewhere (I ask because we are considering offering this service).

• @KuJoe said: If all you're looking for is a VPN, why not purchase a VPN account somewhere

I am not. But why should I need dedicated ip address if the only things I use VPS for are private repositories and test ground for my applications.

@KuJoe said: the NAT and bandwidth monitoring in SolusVM might prove an obstacle.

Hmm, didn't know. Never worked with solus as a provider.

@breton said: I am not. But why should I need dedicated ip address if the only things I use VPS for are private repositories and test ground for my applications.

Gotcha. Development was the first thing I thought of originally. It might be worth looking into in the future but as it stands SolusVM has us between a rock and a hard place (hopefully we'll be done with them by next month though).

How low were you hoping to go price-wise for a VPS with a very limited connection speed and no dedicated IP?

• @KuJoe said: (hopefully we'll be done with them by next month though).

Working on your own panel?

I took an open source panel and am adjusting it to our needs. The only thing it's missing is the bandwidth throttling so it's pretty much like SolusVM right now. LoL. :)

• woke up a little late and miss the xen deal, kicking myself now.

• @KuJoe said: How low were you hoping to go price-wise for a VPS with a very limited connection speed and no dedicated IP?

I dunno. What's the price of ip? 0.5$? Something like 14$ - n*12, where n - price of ip per month.

@belinik said: woke up a little late and miss the xen deal, kicking myself now.

Doh! I put the wrong promotion code for Xen. :( Fixed!

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited December 2011

entered the code but still does not work :( Can you take a look again please? :)

The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms

Description Price
    Xen PV VPSs - X128 (------------)
    » Additional IPs: 0 x 1 (IPv4) $12.00 USD
    » Additional RAM (MB): 0 x 1MB $0.24 USD
    » Additional CPU Cores: 0 x 1 Core $36.00 USD
    » Additional Disk Space (GB): 0 x 1GB $3.00 USD
    » Additional Bandwidth: 0 x 1GB $0.36 USD

Subtotal: $34.90 USD
    $10.90 USD Recurring Discount: $0.00 USD
    Total Due Today: $34.90 USD

Wow, I'm on a roll tonight. The code was setup for the wrong plan. Fixed and tested this time.

• @KuJoe said: Wow, I'm on a roll tonight. The code was setup for the wrong plan. Fixed and tested this time.

You smoking and drinking at work? If not maybe you should be man. :P Sorry for the troll post but I could not let this one go by. :)

LoL, maybe I should, my only fear is that I'd wake up tomorrow and find a coupon code with 90% off in our system in hopes to be the next great HostRail. :D

• Or uptimesomethingoranother.co er.com er .us er .pdqghdser eh forget it lol

I was thinking .tk or .co.cc, those look professional right? :D

• I have one only one word to describe those and that would be Awesome!

• Sorry to derail the thread man. Back on track how long will this run for as I will have no funds until Jan 1st, and do you have Slackware as an option? I hear good things about you and I am willing to give you a chance. I normally shy away from the per year but you also offer per month so I may try one of those if any are left.

All promotions expire on the 31st but normally the codes are used up by then (we normally only offer 20-30 of each code). If we have any fraud orders then we'll recycle those uses on the last day but I'll recycle them on the 1st for you. ;)

We do have Slackware for our Xen VPSs.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • Cool I will check back with you on the first then. I get paid on the first of the month. So I usually do my buying then unless nothing is open then I have to wait lol.

• third time was a charm :) Thanks for the offer!

• The 50off code was expired today. :( Was going to give one of your openvz 128mb a shot. Got paid early since the 1st is a holiday and a Sunday. :)