Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Mailing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mass Mailing

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited March 2013 in General

Yes, I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately.

I'm currently using TheHostingTool on a website that's been around since 2006. I changed it from a custom system due to the custom system not being very "host move friendly".

I require a mass mail feature as the one in TheHostingTool doesn't work at all. I've looked at Mailchimp, however they require you to enter your address in the footer. However, WHMCS mass-mail and TheHostingTool mass mail do not.

Do you know of any alternatives, as I cannot enter an address?

I just want a replacement to TheHostingTool's mass mail.

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I currently use that, but I need somewhere that I can link with TheHostingTool and actually type and send the mails.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

Dominic, Hostingtools mass mail don't work. It just don't. Not sure if it has been improved in last 6 month. In the past, you send emails and half of the clients would receive it, other half will receive blank email with no content.

Take a look at mandrills API. Might be useful.

@seriesn said: Dominic, Hostingtools mass mail don't work. It just don't. Not sure if it has been improved in last 6 month. In the past, you send emails and half of the clients would receive it, other half will receive blank email with no content.

Take a look at manrills API. Might be useful.

Exactly what is happening to me. Some are receiving the emails, and some are receiving blank emails with no content.

I've not got time to develop something really. I just want a simple alternative that works. The emails are only text-based so nothing fancy!

• jhjh Member

Presumably you've got a MySQL database with lots of email addresses.. Hire a PHP programmer to write something for you. It's a quick job.

• @dominicl said: Exactly what is happening to me. Some are receiving the emails, and some are receiving blank emails with no content.

I've not got time to develop something really. I just want a simple alternative that works. The emails are only text-based so nothing fancy!

If you want to use thehostingtool, forget mass mailing. I have dealt with for over 4 year and it is a miracle to get it work. The software itself is really nice though and really flexible.

Try exporting mailing list from tht and use regular newsletter service.

@jhadley said: Presumably you've got a MySQL database with lots of email addresses.. Hire a PHP programmer to write something for you. It's a quick job.

Yeah, email addresses are all within TheHostingTool's database.

@seriesn said: use regular newsletter service.

I would, but you need to put an address for CANSPAM, however I can't do that. Just want something to send emails like a simple mass mail system to replace TheHostingTool's.

@jhadley said: Hire a PHP programmer to write something for you. It's a quick job.

Will look into doing this.

Previously, I've been copying all the email addresses into my mail client and BCC'ing them...that's not the easiest way to do it!!

• @dominicl said: I would, but you need to put an address for CANSPAM, however I can't do that. Just want something to send emails like a simple mass mail system to replace TheHostingTool's.

So... you run a "business" (or something of that nature because you have "clients") and you don't want to give them your address?

Awesome. Totally looking forward to working with you.

• As James said, either hire someone to fixup THT codes , their forum is full of great coders, asking there will get you better support or export those email address, get newsletter service like cakemail and you are good to go :)

@HalfEatenPie said: So... you run a "business" (or something of that nature because you have "clients") and you don't want to give them your address?

Awesome. Totally looking forward to working with you.

It's not a paid hosting business, or anything. I don't take payment of any sort. In fact, I don't even have access to a PayPal account anymore (I closed it)

@seriesn said: As James said, either hire someone to fixup THT codes , their forum is full of great coders, asking there will get you better support or export those email address, get newsletter service like cakemail and you are good to go :)

:) Thanks for your help.

• @dominicl said: Previously, I've been copying all the email addresses into my mail client and BCC'ing them...that's not the easiest way to do it!!

It's also the #1 way to get your emails directly in your client's spam folders.

@DamienSB said: It's also the #1 way to get your emails directly in your client's spam folders.

I had to get it across some how.

I'm not going to do that anymore. I'll get somebody to fix THT's mass mail tool I think

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited March 2013

Why are you using THT btw as boxbilling appears to be more mature right now.

@seriesn said: Why do you use THT btw as boxbilling appears to be more mature right now.

THT has a cPanel account import feature. I'd prefer to use BoxBilling, but can't for this reason. There are hundreds of accounts.

• Make a standalone script with phpmailer - it supports SMTP
    http://phpmailer.worxware.com/

include THT's config file, connect to the database, select list of usernames, foreach loop sending emails with the content you require.

• @dominicl said: THT has a cPanel account import feature. I'd prefer to use BoxBilling, but can't for this reason. There are hundreds of accounts.

Ahh I see.

@seriesn said: Ahh I see.

Yeah, and I can't find an import script either for it.

@DamienSB - I'm no good with coding (PHP or the like) so would have to get a programmer to complete that. Thanks for it though.

• domi, learn PHP/SQL.

@DamienSB said: domi, learn PHP/SQL.

Probably would be an idea. I know a bit, but it's very limited!

• It is an idea. What is this "probably" thing?

@DamienSB said: It is an idea. What is this "probably" thing?

Well, yes it is an idea. It's whether I have the time to learn it.

I'm a slow learner.. ;)

Does anybody know any sites like YMLP, that are free or cheap, but do not require you to put your name, address, etc in the footer? I just want to use this as a temporary replacement to THT's mass-mail while it's being fixed.

I can't use YMLP because I need a mass subscribe feature, which isn't available unless you are on one of their paid products. I'm sure there is one, just don't know of any!

• Check out tinyletter.com

@sdotsen said: Check out tinyletter.com

Apparantely you can only subscribe manually 25 emails per day :(

• Don't you think learning the little bit of PHP required to make phpmailer work would be faster than testing all the diffrent services you have to pay for or get limited use from?

Resolved with phplist ;)