Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shipping Company Ransoming my Shipment: Another Rant - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shipping Company Ransoming my Shipment: Another Rant

2»

Comments

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited August 2016

@randvegeta said:
    I am not a foreigner in HK. Shipper is in HK and my company is in HK.

Ah, that's less hassle then.

@randvegeta said:
    There is no 'contract' per se. There are email records, invoices and payments all of which point towards an end-to-end delivery.

"Point towards", or clearly states? Does "FOB" appear on the invoice? It sounds like your lawyer thinks its a slam dunk, but none of the information you have presented points to that. Seems like we're missing something here?

You stated:

"I was pretty angry at this point because there was no mention of this when I paid them back in February. "

Not something like:

"I was pretty angry at this point because our agreement was that the price of shipping covered door-to-door delivery."

As I said maybe some is missing, but your statements sound vague, which tends to point to a misunderstanding.

Good luck, either way.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Microlinux said:

@randvegeta said:
    I am not a foreigner in HK. Shipper is in HK and my company is in HK.

Ah, that's less hassle then.

@randvegeta said:
    There is no 'contract' per se. There are email records, invoices and payments all of which point towards an end-to-end delivery.

"Point towards", or clearly states? Does "FOB" appear on the invoice? It sounds like your lawyer thinks its a slam dunk, but none of the information you have presented points to that. Seems like we're missing something here?

You stated:

"I was pretty angry at this point because there was no mention of this when I paid them back in February. "

Not something like:

"I was pretty angry at this point because our agreement was that the price of shipping covered door-to-door delivery."

As I said maybe some is missing, but your statements sound vague, which tends to point to a misunderstanding.

Good luck, either way.

No mention of FOB. There is a delivery address though. We approached them in the same way we approached DHL and Fedex. They did ocean freight for much cheaper so thats why we picked them. The whole local charges is all news to us.

• Guys I'm pretty sure the OP knows more about HK laws and the courts than you, damn some days we have a lot of armchair generals on this forum.

Good luck OP and don't pay a cent more for the pallet, they are just trying to extort more money out of you.

@ManofServer said:
    Guys I'm pretty sure the OP knows more about HK laws and the courts than you, damn some days we have a lot of armchair generals on this forum.

Good luck OP and don't pay a cent more for the pallet, they are just trying to extort more money out of you

Thanks :). I think some LET members just enjoy debating for the other side sometimes. But I appreciate the support!

Thanked by 2ManofServer zafouhar
  • @ManofServer said:
    Guys I'm pretty sure the OP knows more about HK laws and the courts than you

Lies! Fabrications! The Internet knows all!1!!

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • deank said: Hell, he may have to bribe to get them going

trying to bribe police or gov in HK is a sure way to jail or at the very least cancellation of your visa and kicking you out.

Thanked by 1randvegeta

@William said:

deank said: Hell, he may have to bribe to get them going

trying to bribe police or gov in HK is a sure way to jail or at the very least cancellation of your visa and kicking you out.

I dont have a visa to cancel so jail for me then :D

• randvegeta said: I dont have a visa to cancel so jail for me then :D

Yea, for a tourist they might ignore it and just kick them out, but local or mainlander... not ending well. Ain't Indonesia or Malaysia (yet).