Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHT Likes Fake Reviews.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHT Likes Fake Reviews.

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

A fake review as posted on WHT about one of the brands I'm involved with. Unfortunately I've been banned (apparently for shilling) at WHT so am unable to respond to reviews there.

Legitimate customers of mine who post good reviews or respond to negative reviews get banned for 'shilling'. Apparently because reviews / responses made as a 'favour' are not considered genuine, and therefore are 'shills'. Since all positive reviews can be seen as a 'favour' this means WHT can look at all users who post positive reviews as 'shills'.

Worse still, the OP for the fake and negative review wanted to retract the review (we were able to reconcile somewhat) but WHT mods decided that they would not delete the thread as requested, would not permit it to be edited, and promptly closed it preventing the OP from posting a retraction in the thread. The OP then opened a NEW thread to make a statement to retract (they sent me a screenshot) the review and both threads were deleted.

Lovely bunch over there at WHT. Despite all the ridiculousness that goes on in LET, and the shit some people manage to get away with here, I'm grateful for the freedoms permitted. WHT is a complete joke.

Rant over.

Thanked by 1netomx

Comments