Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hourly billed providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hourly billed providers

What's the providers that offer hourly billing and are super cheap?

An API with snapshots would help

Comments

• Isn't this the definition of Digital Ocean?

• There was one provider here i forgot the name they charge you hourly and don't charge you for the time your cloud/vps remain shutdown.

• @daily said:
    Isn't this the definition of Digital Ocean?

Yes was wondering if there was also anyone else cheaper as $5/mo is a little excessive what what I have in mind

• Vultr is the cheapest I've seen and personally having used them I can say they're amazing.

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@daily said:

Yes was wondering if there was also anyone else cheaper as $5/mo is a little excessive what what I have in mind

$5/m if run all month. I'm confused because you want hourly.

• Luna Node?

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited August 2016

We offer hourly services with an API as well, but no snapshot feature is available yet unfortunately.

Edit: Luna Node is hourly billed and has snapshots.

• Luna Node do all of this... I wrote a LEB post about them a few days ago. They've got a double credit promo for new and existing customers too. If you have any questions I'm sure @perennate would be very happy to answer.

Thanked by 2vimalware Four20
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@OpticalSwoosh said:

@daily said:

$0.007/hr.

• I attach to this question. However I'm looking for UK location.

• Scaleway.

• OpticalSwoosh said: What's the providers that offer hourly billing and are super cheap?

IWStack @ Prometeus
    Seflow
    Vultr
    Wable
    Atlantic.net
    ...and others

• BradBrad Member

@MrPsycho said:
    I attach to this question. However I'm looking for UK location.

I think @Jacob does this.

Thanked by 2MrPsycho Jacob
  • nitro.io or koding options? if it isnt always on and is for dev they are generally free.

• Thanks for all the replies. The reason I'd need it fairly cheap is I'd be running up to 1000 instances for a single day. And the cheaper the better as I won't make money from this

• @MrPsycho said:
    I attach to this question. However I'm looking for UK location.

We meet all of your requirements, minimum deposit is £2.50 and there's coupon codes out there in previous offer threads.

Snapshots are only available thru the control panel for the time being.

if you need anything just let me know.

Thanked by 2MrPsycho yomero
  • sinsin Member

Scaleway, Lunanode, and VULTR are my go to hosts for starting up quick vms.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

Prometeus's iwStack is one of the cheapest hourly billed VPSes with snapshots support. Other affordable options have been already mentioned here.

• MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep

We have hourly billing and do not charge for CPU and RAM when the instance is shutdown.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

WebGuru said: don't charge you for the time your cloud/vps remain shutdown

almost all providers charge for the VM/VPS being shutdown as it's still stored on their hard drive and system still using the allocated IPv4 address, normally the providers don't charge if you terminate/destroy the VM instance!

• WebProject said: almost all providers charge for the VM/VPS being shutdown

Unfortunately, it's true.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

AWS Spot Instances.

• 100TB has hourly billing, never used them but they look to be good :)
    https://www.100tb.com/servers/virtual-servers/

• easyeasy Member

@OpticalSwoosh said:
    Thanks for all the replies. The reason I'd need it fairly cheap is I'd be running up to 1000 instances for a single day. And the cheaper the better as I won't make money from this

Did every provider allowing user run 1000 instance?

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited August 2016

@WebProject said:

WebGuru said: don't charge you for the time your cloud/vps remain shutdown

almost all providers charge for the VM/VPS being shutdown as it's still stored on their hard drive and system still using the allocated IPv4 address, normally the providers don't charge if you terminate/destroy the VM instance!

@bersy said:

WebProject said: almost all providers charge for the VM/VPS being shutdown

Unfortunately, it's true.

nope maybe @Ikoula can explain this in details? this offer says you can shut it down and they will not charge you

@Ikoula said:
    Hello,

Our first vm with windows starts @10$/mo but it is hourly billed, if it is for browsing purpose you can shut it down while not using it so you will only pay à part of that 10$.

VM PICO

1/2 Vcpu

512 Mb

50 Gb SSD

Speed : 100 Mbits

Bandwidth : Unmetered

Order link

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

@WebGuru thanks for mentioning.

I confirm, we do not charge a turned off vm on our cloud service.

The price grid shows what will be billed if the vm is turned on 100% of the time during the month.

At the end of the month our billing system checks how many hours the vm has been on during the month and apply the price grid.

+API ans snapshots are available.

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

@WebGuru thanks for mentioning.

I confirm, we do not charge a turned off vm on our cloud service.

The price grid shows what will be billed if the vm is turned on 100% of the time during the month.

At the end of the month our billing system checks how many hours the vm has been on during the month and apply the price grid.

+API ans snapshots are available.

Thanks for explaining in detail this is a cool offer for many who want to just use their VPS for few hours in a day and don't want to be charged for 24 hours.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2016

Ikoula said: I confirm, we do not charge a turned off vm on our cloud service.

I assume customers still pay for storage space at least.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@bersy extra storage only.

VM is deployed with a 50Gb vdisk, this is included in the vm price.

If you create an extra vdisk the space is charged wether vm is turned on or not.

Thanked by 1bersy