Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explanation of Domain Auctions Rules of LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Explanation of Domain Auctions Rules of LET

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited March 2013 in Help

Hi,
I've checked the Domain Auctions Rules here but there is something which is not clear to me. The Rules say:

"• Auction Start/Reserve price can not be set above $7
• All bids must be public and made in the domain auction topic.
• Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 30 days
• All domain auction threads are set to "sink" after 24 hours so replies no longer bump them to the top of the forum.
• Members must have 25 posts and have been registered for 7 days to be allowed to list a domain sale.
• Domain needs to be at least 6 Months Old."

First two rules and number 6 are easy to understand. From the third number,

1. The rule says that I can list 1 domain auction thread per 30 days. But, is it mandatory to have 1 domain in the thread or I can pull as many as I want on that thread ?? I mean 2/3/4 domains in one auction ??

2. Does this rule no. 4 means that I can set the time for the auction only 24 hours ?? Or something else ?? Can anyone clarify ??

3. What means 25 posts, Does it count all discussion opened by me + all my comments or only discussion ?? [I have 9 discussions and 42 comments on my profile]

I will be very happy if anyone clarifies me. Maybe it will sound somehow funny to someone, but if you please help me instead of laughing, I will be greatly benefited. :)

Comments

• @Liam said: I will look sometime over the rules and see what needs adjusting.

At least 2 months old instead of 6 perhaps, hmmmmmmmmmm?

• @Liam said: That will not be changing.

Just curious: why 6? There were people doing auctions on domains that you can't even transfer out yet (2 months) but I don't see why 6?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Liam said: Posts mean comments.

Oh, Liam is very helpful. I like you, man. :) By the way, understanding your explanation, I think, I'm able to open auction ?? As posts mean comments and I have 40+ already !

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@BronzeByte said: Just curious: why 6?

Actually some of us suggested atleast 1 year old (atleast once renewed with regular price) domain as more and more people started to buying dumb domains from promotional 1$ offers or so specifically to offer them as soon as possible here at auction.

Picking 6 months didn't have much sense neither some purpose and it was choosen more like a compromise between 2 and 12 months suggestions.

• SunshineSunshine Member
    edited March 2013

@Liam
    Perhaps you could help clarify something else while we're at it.

Is it permitted to run the same domain auction on other websites in parallel with LET ?

For instance, see [this thread].

I'm planning to put up some domains for sale when I reach the 25 post count. As a seller, I would prefer being able to run the auction on several sites for greater exposure to potential buyers. But I also see how this could reduce transparency for the bidders, as demanded by the "must be public" part of the guidelines.

• All bids must be public and made in the domain auction topic.

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret this in regards to my question :)

Would it be fine, for example, if I made sure to keep the LET thread updated with bids received elsewhere (other forums, PM, email, mail pigeon, etc.) ?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Sunshine said: Is it permitted to run the same domain auction on other websites in parallel with LET ?

I don't think that would make any problem. As the seller of CPUGEEKS.NET has already did it and I hadn't seen any problem.

• @ehostlab
    Yeah, it would seem so... I hope you're right :)