Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to create a business paypal account without operating a registered business?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it possible to create a business paypal account without operating a registered business?

Hi,
As the title says. I want to sell some e-books (legally) online. I have not registered a business in my country because it would be useless. Can I open a business account without having a bank account in my business name?

Thank you.

Comments

• Yes, although depending on your country of residence, and how much money passes through the account, PayPal may ask for proof of business ownership etc.

• @EdgeWeb said:
    Yes, although depending on your country of residence, and how much money passes through the account, PayPal may ask for proof of business ownership etc.

Thanks. How much is that usually?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ask Paypal?
    It depends on your location. But, if you are going to run a summer host, it shouldn't be an issue. You will be out of business before it takes off anyway.

• normaly until 2500 eur is not a problem

• I believe there's an option to add a bank in your personal name rather than the business name. But this may be different depending on the country. What's preventing you from registering a PayPal account then try it?

• @deank said:
    Ask Paypal?
    It depends on your location. But, if you are going to run a summer host, it shouldn't be an issue. You will be out of business before it takes off anyway.

That's some serious negative thinking my friend. It might hurt your health.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Yes. I have one. :P

• @Radi said:

Can you withdraw to your personal bank account?

• KobeKobe Member

In Canada, you can register as a sole propeitor assuming you have a business number.

@drdrake said:

@Radi said:

Can you withdraw to your personal bank account?

I only tried withdrawing to personal VISA. I believe it will work with bank account as well, since you don't verify it with name but just number. They make deposit and you tell them how much they deposited and you are set. I believe you can withdraw even without that verification.

• @Kobe said:
    In Canada, you can register as a sole propeitor assuming you have a business number.

Likewise in Australia - I have a personal and a business account in the same name.

• @Radi said: I only tried withdrawing to personal VISA. I believe it will work with bank account as well, since you don't verify it with name but just number. They make deposit and you tell them how much they deposited and you are set. I believe you can withdraw even without that verification.

I believe they check whether the name on the bank account matches the name on your PayPal account.

@aglodek Even if they do as long as name is same, he is fine.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yes with limits, in the UK you can also register a sole trader account.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Yeh, but you should also register with HMRC and file a yearly tax return. It's a ballache but if you are going to tell paypal you are a business/Sole trader you definately want to. as if HMRC find you've been gaining addational income and not disclosed it then I believe it's fines and/or jail time even if you make pittance the goverment can't stand the idea they don't get their cut.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Its a £100 fine for late filing with interest.

Obviously if there is tax to pay you pay it, that is not really in question.

• @dragon2611 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Yeh, but you should also register with HMRC and file a yearly tax return. It's a ballache but if you are going to tell paypal you are a business/Sole trader you definately want to. as if HMRC find you've been gaining addational income and not disclosed it then I believe it's fines and/or jail time even if you make pittance the goverment can't stand the idea they don't get their cut.

@AnthonySmith said:

I live in a third world country and i don't give a f*ck about the government.

Thanked by 2OpticalSwoosh lazyt
  • @drdrake said:

@dragon2611 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I live in a third world country and i don't give a f*ck about the government.

Bradford although it seems it is not a third world country