Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ $3/YR - 128MB ★ $9/YR - 1GB ★ Buffalo ★ Los Angeles ★ Five Locations ★ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ $3/YR - 128MB ★ $9/YR - 1GB ★ Buffalo ★ Los Angeles ★ Five Locations ★

2»

Comments

• Did anyone successfully install L2tp or PPTP VPN service on their OpenVZ severs? Please share your scripts. Thanks.

• @VirMach

If I may ask, regarding the "no mailserver" does that also include not using it as a backup mx for a mailserver?

• @VirMach Not to pressure you or anything, but if you ever happen to run the special again (or a new one) on the 8GB OVZ plan...

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

tarasis said: @VirMach

If I may ask, regarding the "no mailserver" does that also include not using it as a backup mx for a mailserver?

That rule is there to make people with high mail volume or spammy-looking behavior to contact us first to get their level of mail volume and type of mail they send pre-approved. If you create a ticket with us and lay out the terms of your usage, we will either pre-approve or deny that usage.

Thanked by 1tarasis
  • @VirMach said:
    That rule is there to make people with high mail volume or spammy-looking behavior to contact us first to get their level of mail volume and type of mail they send pre-approved. If you create a ticket with us and lay out the terms of your usage, we will either pre-approve or deny that usage.

Thanks very much for the answer, I've opened a ticket #817617 to let you know what I am interested in doing.

• @VirMach so any ETA on 2/4GB KVM availability in Chicago? (with the LEB30 Off ofcourse)

mehargags said: @VirMach so any ETA on 2/4GB KVM availability in Chicago? (with the LEB30 Off ofcourse)

No ETA, sorry.

• @VirMach is Debian 8 available on request on OVZ/KVM ?

mehargags said: @VirMach is Debian 8 available on request on OVZ/KVM ?

We can mount any ISO for you on KVM.

• @VirMach said:

mehargags said: @VirMach is Debian 8 available on request on OVZ/KVM ?

We can mount any ISO for you on KVM.

That means a NO on OVZ pkg ?

mehargags said: That means a NO on OVZ pkg ?

If it's not already there as an option on SolusVM, you can request it to be added as a template. It will take longer to do though.

@mehargags we recently raised the prices on our annual packages from 40% discount to only 25% discount so the price increased slightly. However, I will honor the old pricing of $34.30 for the plan I described with the coupon. Please create a ticket directly in management when you're ready to order. We received some updates on restocking from the datacenters so restocking might happen later this week or early next week.

• VirMach said: @mehargags we recently raised the prices on our annual packages from 40% discount to only 25% discount so the price increased slightly. However, I will honor the old pricing of $34.30 for the plan I described with the coupon. Please create a ticket directly in management when you're ready to order. We received some updates on restocking from the datacenters so restocking might happen later this week or early next week.

Damn should've ordered a plan on Sunday...

@NickPerk said:

VirMach said: @mehargags we recently raised the prices on our annual packages from 40% discount to only 25% discount so the price increased slightly. However, I will honor the old pricing of $34.30 for the plan I described with the coupon. Please create a ticket directly in management when you're ready to order. We received some updates on restocking from the datacenters so restocking might happen later this week or early next week.

Damn should've ordered a plan on Sunday...

I'll honor the old price for you as well since you posted about it, if you're still interested in purchasing.

• The KVM special plan went out of stock yesterdays afternoon. I was thinking yay I saved $16 for beer.

Just got waken up by a system alert, getting upset with debugging the issue. Not sure why I still have the promotion page opened and why Virmach restock the KVM plan in the middle of the night.. so... Virmach had my $16 now..

Their Centos7 template didn't provision all space on the vdisk so i have to do some manual tweaking, but overall I am happy so far. Wish they will make profit and stay in business longer ;)

Everything still looking too good to be true for this low end KVM plan, I got a CLEAN IP, very decent network and good IO.

I will load some docker images later and see how things will go.

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  1999.999 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 993 MB
    Total amount of swap :  MB
    System uptime :   7 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 79.1MB/s 
    Download speed from OVH, Montreal, Canada: 29.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, Toronto, Canada: 73.7MB/s 
    Download speed from Choopa, Piscataway, USA: 50.9MB/s 
    Download speed from Dacentec, Lenoir, USA: 21.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, Orlando, USA: 18.1MB/s 
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, Dallas, USA: 27.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Atlantic.NET, San Francisco, USA: 17.0MB/s 
    Download speed from QuadraNET, LA, USA: 23.6MB/s 
    Download speed from OVH, Roubaix, FR: 9.50MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Frankfurt, DE: 12.2MB/s 
    Download speed from Redstation, London, UK: 12.4MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.41MB/s 
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem: 11.7MB/s 
    10 Gbps Download speed from Atlanta, Ga: 31.6MB/s 
    I/O speed :  244 MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      39.6MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   25.0MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   14.9MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   15.6MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   15.9MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      12.3MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   5.11MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     8.20MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    34.5MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 254 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 231 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 242 MB/s
    Average I/O : 242.333 MB/s

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Does the KVM have a dedicated CPU?

• Dammit I missed out on the offer of $3/yr IPv4s :(

SpicyPepper said: Does the KVM have a dedicated CPU?

You get a dedicated logical core. It's not dedicated; you have to follow our fail use policy. You can get the "High CPU" option to make it dedicated / bypass this policy.

• SOLD OUT =(

• @dedicados said:
    SOLD OUT =(

Well that saves part of my decision of what to get.

• hosting one website with one simple article without any link only. can abuse I/O or increase server load, Even I am not logging on my server daily-basis. How can i abuse. They suspend my server without any warning email or information. do not buy there server they are unprofessional with rude attitude.

• @Hitendra said:
    hosting one website with one simple article without any link only. can abuse I/O or increase server load, Even I am not logging on my server daily-basis. How can i abuse. They suspend my server without any warning email or information. do not buy there server they are unprofessional with rude attitude.

And you're sure your server is properly secured? Sounds like you got hacked.

Thanked by 1Pikachu01
  • HitendraHitendra Member
    edited August 2016

What hacker will do with one silly article running on wordpress.

• yeah, who can do that on a non well configured wordpress with the correct addons and security to avoid php load, with one silly article??

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited August 2016

@Hitendra said:
    What hacker will do with one silly article running on wordpress.

that one silly article is all that you see.

1. Check your Apache access and error log, you will see what the hacker/attacker is doing with your site and server.

2. check Exim queue (exim -bpc) and you will know how many mails are being sent/stuck/frozen from your server

3. run htop and see how much load apache, mysql & other resources are taking.

4. run a maldet and it will show the infected php files inside your wp install

5. Run free Securi, Anti-Malware plugin & wordfence plugins and scan your Wordpress to know what it shows.

6. Important Don't be a dick, either have a learning heart if you want to be in Low-End-World or goto "wp-engine" and get a managed service from there. The $20 servers aren't your piece of cake.

And mind it, the above is just about your wordpress alone, there is a 60% chance your server is compromised and you will have no idea how/what/where to fix it.

Thanked by 1Hitendra
  • no more $6 usd /year vps?

• Any spare 128MB or 512MB?