Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free reseller hostIing provider for beginners?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free reseller hostIing provider for beginners?

gtraxgtrax Member

Hey guys,

I used to have a couple free hosting reseller accounts with providers like youhosting and byethost a longtime back. That was the time when I was practising a lot. Now my brother is also learning the same stuff, though I have guided him but I think he should start playing hosting
stuff himself.

I need to advise him with some other providers as youhosting is almost dead, they are not creating new accounts and there is no support, not even once a week reply . I have heard their DNS gets bad and their ftp does not work at all. And about Byethost only allows to create/edit CNAME so thats a limitation as well, also they keep changing nameserver IPs.

I was thinking to setup hosting on one of my vps but don't have enough time, really stuck these days. So need to recommend something to my brother. But it should be something that looks like cpanel, have dependable support, 24/7 not required but atleast one reply in one or two days. reasonable space so that he can host different websites, play with bulletins, try to create some cloudspace thingy, play with DNS records so lot of adding/removing/altering. I think 20G-30G would do. Should allow custom NS as well.

Would really appreciate if some feedback comes from you guys. If nothing works I will order a cheap reseller. Let me know what you guys think?

Thanks
Gtrax

Comments

• Byet are way to strict on your activety i dont even revoment them since they save all your activety literaly.

By start giving free/paid get a cheap vps or dedi if the budget meets the price of your favorite plan.

U can try free panel like vestacp. Ispconfig.
    (Dont use sentora panel design looks good but have alot of security holes)

Most of the free panels have a auto installer.
    Use program screen and you can leave your pc and everything would be done by the system self(not at parts you need to set the passwords or etc)

• @Perryoo11

Thanks for the feedback. You are right about Byet. I already thought of setting up vesta and I know it can install in sometime. I am actually on work location from last few days, only mobile accessibility for the forum as my laptop has activity logger, so just thought of asking over the forum.

If nothing comes up I will setup hosting when i go back home. So just trying if some suggestion comes in so I can save these few days before reaching home.

Thanks

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/88961/pageclick-launch-5-year-cpanel-whm-ssd-r1soft-varnish-cache-uk

$2/month with everything you need including custom nameservers, and 25GB SSD storage.

Can't get much cheaper than that :)

• @Ishaq said:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/88961/pageclick-launch-5-year-cpanel-whm-ssd-r1soft-varnish-cache-uk

$2/month with everything you need including custom nameservers, and 25GB SSD storage.

Can't get much cheaper than that :)

Need that in the US, got plans?

• @TheOnlyDK said: Need that in the US, got plans?

No US yet, we just started in the UK. We may open US in the future.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • imokimok Member

I'm also interested @Ishaq. I hope it will be soon.
    @gtrax you can use Buyshared too. It's really inexpensive.

• hello gtrax https://www.resellerspanel.com/reseller-hosting/ use this link and you can start your own free reseller hosting account

• they provide best solution for your requirement

• Buyshared eyes closed. 2$ a month for very reliable service and great support. They have a US location as well.

• @Junkless said:
    Buyshared eyes closed. 2$ a month for very reliable service and great support. They have a US location as well.

BuyShared or @Ishaq's PageClick would definitely be the better option. I just couldn't consider a free Shared/Reseller provider... Where would they be making money to support the continuation of the product?

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

We provide SSD reseller hosting with high quality service at just $4. Nothing is free. Everyone want to earn from you then how you can think that someone will give you a reseller plat at free of cost.

• I will give you a free reseller!

It will have 10GB of disk space, 100GB of bandwidth, and unlimited accounts.

(account login details: add $10000)

• Best option? But a large NAT VPS from VirtWire or GestionDBI

Install vestacp it works for websites only no mail no nothing else. Just add the domain to the proxy script.

Need help? PM me

• There's no such thing as free hosting, even if you're not paying with real money you are paying with forced ads on all your sites or the host placing their links all over the place.

• WHTWHT Member

Freeresellers.net offers free resellers platform including website, domains, ssls etc.

• Uhm, just get a BuyShared reseller for $2/month. @Francisco

You've gotta think here, a provider isnt going to provide support and infrastructure for free - wheres the money in that? Maybe as a marketing strategy to get interest but certainly not a long-term thing.

Depending on what he wants to do, you could just show him the ropes with Virtual Machines and do it all on your LAN! :)

• Thanks guys for the input. I already know francisco and I had that in mind. But its not about guys like us who are into this field. Maybe if some of you could have read my post in detail.... but anyway, I have decided already to either setup hosting on one of my vps or i will get one from francisco or ishaq.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Cheers