Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Script Kiddies Get My Server - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Script Kiddies Get My Server

13»

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited May 2013

@GaNi said: Would a i3D 20Euro server tank this attack?

No budget host will tank 500Mbit/s.

They'll most likely kick you out.

• MunMun Member

Agreed.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited May 2013

It's was a Dedicated Server I was talking about. I inquired the support team, they said they wont kick me but warned that I would run out of bandwidth and have to pay for extra bandwidth which is obvious.

• MunMun Member

Specs or link to server.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited May 2013

Yeah, but it won't solve your problem.

Maybe a ddos protected proxy is what you need?

• GaNiGaNi Member

@Mun said: Specs or link to server.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1234899

@Ishaq said: Maybe a ddos protected proxy is what you need?

No one's providing at economic price?

• MunMun Member

You at min. need a gig connect, and since it is at 100mbps it would be overflowed in a matter of seconds. 500 Mbps > 100 Mbps.

@GaNi said: @Ishaq said: Maybe a ddos protected proxy is what you need?

No one's providing at economic price?

Build your own. I have roughly 3.5 Gigs of total capacity, but mine won't filter game server traffic, only http.

• GaNiGaNi Member

@Mun said: You at min. need a gig connect, and since it is at 100mbps it would be overflowed in a matter of seconds. 500 Mbps > 100 Mbps.

I don't care if the servers goes offline for a while or even 15mins(assuming he would quit for a while), just don't want to get kicked out.

• MunMun Member

Yeah a 500 Mbps a second connect will eat that 10 tbs fast. You are going to be paying a ton, and you are just moving to a new place and not actually fixing the issue.

• MunMun Member

500 mbps / 8 to make bytes * 60 for 1 minute * 60 for 1 hour * 24 for 1 day = ~ 5.4 Tbs

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Zen said: If it is solely DNS reflection & not spoofed SYN then you can block the DNS reflection list or get Prometeus to do so - sure it's a couple thousand IP's but it's worth it as a whole.

There is a big difference between backholing the target and filtering (considering that we must filter over the 2 tengiga ports and the x480 has a limited hardware acl table) and is all about money :-(

we pass the nulled ip inside a bgp community which is then pushed to the upstreams, so that the incoming traffic is cut at the edge of the upstreams networks. Most of the time we catch the ddos in a few minutes (with the monitoring stuff I wrote) and since we pay bw 95th percentile small spikes are not considered.

If we decide to filter then we need also to be accounted for the whole traffic coming with an attack and I've seen udp floods (including some dns amplification lately) growing to several gbps (8G was the biggest peak when I nulled the target).
    Transit cost are still in the order of thousands of euro for some Gbps over commit... ;-)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Zen said: Well, DDoS wins once again

ddos in a way or another are like viruses, a business for some (hw vendors, ddos specialized isp, consultants, bw to be accounted, etc)