Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any KVM Providers which allow own images and offer multiple locations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any KVM Providers which allow own images and offer multiple locations?

Looking for KVM Providers that offer multiple locations & own images. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Linode?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Vultr?

• Lunanode has own images right?

• If the image legal, we will allow. We dont allow pirate windows.

• By, own images, do you mean iso's? If so, no, Linode as someone said doesn't work.

If you mean, something like byet to byte dd copies, probably any provider with a rescue system should work.

If you mean, qcow/raw disk images, I can't think of any provider where you can upload one of these.

• @Ympker said:
    Looking for KVM Providers that offer multiple locations & own images. Any recommendations?

Luna Node offer custom ISO's and your own qcow2 templates. They have Toronto(Cogent DC), Montreal(OVH) and Roubaix(OVH). Seem to have very solid reviews too.

Thanked by 2yomero Ympker
  • @yomero said:
    By, own images, do you mean iso's? If so, no, Linode as someone said doesn't work.

If you mean, something like byet to byte dd copies, probably any provider with a rescue system should work.

If you mean, qcow/raw disk images, I can't think of any provider where you can upload one of these.

I am talking about own iso files. Sorry for the confusion^^

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

Pretty much all KVM vps hosters should be able to help you with a custom ISO. Multiple locations is a different story of course, but the custom ISO requirement should not be any issue when the hosting company is helpful to their customers.

• We can and are more than happy to load ISO's for our KVM clients; we don't however have the ability to allow you to upload your own at this time.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @vimalware said:
    Lunanode has own images right?

Yes, been playing with them recently looks like you can upload/download QCOW2 images as well as Iso's

Thanked by 3yomero Ympker vimalware
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think they use cloudstack like us, iirc. IWStack allows both types too, also creating own snapshots and templates for cloning.

Thanked by 2vimalware yomero
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We also use Cloudstack, you can upload ISO and 5 locations are opened :
    France, Germany, Netherlands, US(Miami) and Singapore.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

We can upload ISOs for you to mount on your virtual machines (but not self-service).

We have South Korea (two zones at different ISPs in Seoul), Vladivostok (Russia), Europe (Finland, Latvia or Hungary) locations available.

ISOs can be mounted on LET plans.

Is that interesting for you?

• Vultr

• @deployvm said:
    We can upload ISOs for you to mount on your virtual machines (but not self-service).

We have South Korea (two zones at different ISPs in Seoul), Vladivostok (Russia), Europe (Finland, Latvia or Hungary) locations available.

ISOs can be mounted on LET plans.

Is that interesting for you?

those are some interesting locations

Thanked by 2Ympker geekalot
  • @Maounique said:
    I think they use cloudstack like us, iirc. IWStack allows both types too, also creating own snapshots and templates for cloning.

Assuming we're talking about lunanode, possibly although they seem to have their own panel for billing and client facing interaction as it's not the default Cloudstack interface.

Assuming you don't want HA I tend to find cloud/vps providers are good for smaller instances but if you need a load of RAM it's still cheaper to rent a Dedi

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dragon2611 said:

@Maounique said:

Assuming we're talking about lunanode, possibly although they seem to have their own panel for billing and client facing interaction as it's not the default Cloudstack interface.

Assuming you don't want HA I tend to find cloud/vps providers are good for smaller instances but if you need a load of RAM it's still cheaper to rent a Dedi

Nah small vps are fine :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2016

Ympker said: they seem to have their own panel for billing and client facing interaction as it's not the default Cloudstack interface.

We have both, module in whmcs and hostbill as well as access to cloudstack UI and API for the full product.

• EvolutionHostEvolutionHost Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

Hello,

Evolution Host KVM VPS allow you to utilize your own ISO to install the OS. Our current VPS locations include Montreal, Canada. Roubaix, France. Strasbourg, France. Los Angeles, USA and Chicago USA.

Simply contact support after ordering a VPS with any OS. We can then attach your ISO for you.

Thanked by 1Ympker