Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

proxmox ipv6 only containers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

proxmox ipv6 only containers

tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
edited March 2013 in Help

hi, can we create ipv6 only containers in proxmox using web panel ? can we create custom bridge for ipv6 ?

Comments

• v6 runs on the same bridge, bridge is bridge.
    No, Proxmox does not support v6 only - you always need to assign a v4, either NAT or direct. (NAT has to be setup on a router or on the host manually)

• thanks @William,

so no automagic way to do this...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@tridinebandim said: so no automagic way to do this...

Nope, it was a pita getting IPv6 working at all tbh on proxmox.

• @AnthonySmith said: Nope, it was a pita getting IPv6 working at all tbh on proxmox.

Experiencing the same issues now!

So if you have any tips, do share :)

I'm not used to Debian as it is.

@GetKVM_Ash said: Experiencing the same issues now!

So if you have any tips, do share :)

I'm not used to Debian as it is.

No tips, it was just a 6 hour battle that I won by throwing 200 punches, I don't know which one worked now.

• @AnthonySmith said: No tips, it was just a 6 hour battle that I won by throwing 200 punches, I don't know which one worked now.

Couldn't have done it without you :/ lol

• Heh, I don't know how I did it, but I got it working some time ago. So it is possible.

iirc I needed to set up an internal only bridge and route that through the bridge that can route to the outside world or something like that.