Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do LVM or manage Partitions/disks for Cloud VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do LVM or manage Partitions/disks for Cloud VPS

mehargagsmehargags Member
edited August 2016 in Help

I just got a Cloud VPS at LA Quadranet location from ProviderService.com aff link

Its supposed to have a 50GB SSD but the VPS handed over had 10GB root partition plus an unused 50GB partition.

When I do df –h it gives me two mount points
/dev/vda1 9.3G 834M 8.0G 10% /
/dev/vdb1 50G 52M 49G 1% /data

fdisk -l also shows these being two different hard drives.

The support said "this is just one hard drive with two partitions." this is one hard disk asked them if I can combine the two using gparted or something but they also said you can't combine.

Can you help me identify what is possible ? I'd like to have one single parition so I shall either use the 50GB one or make it an LVM if these are separate disks?

Here is a screenshot of gParted http://prnt.sc/c29tkv
and fdisk -l http://prnt.sc/c2a1xz

Comments

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

The support said "this is just one hard drive with two partitions."

My colleague initially send you this wrong information, but we already explained last Thursday that these are actually two different virtual disks. Please excuse any inconvenience caused.

• That's OK...@UltraVPS!

Can you not provision the server in a way so that I have one single unified storage to use ?? let it be 50GB single disk...

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@mehargags if you can't have one single vdisk why dont you use sym link ?

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • @Ikoula said:
    @mehargags if you can't have one single vdisk why dont you use sym link ?

Well I instead mounted the second 50GB drive to /home which is a more convenient solution.
    Still... I'd prefer a one disk scenario on VPSs to make it straightforward affair.