Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friend's Domain Hijacking Case
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Friend's Domain Hijacking Case

GreenVineGreenVine Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Hello All

My friend Lu is experiencing a domain hijacking case and he requested me to asking for help here(he cannot understand English).

His domain registered at GoDaddy illegally transferred to another account in Dec, 2012. He immediately contacted GoDaddy and provide his all account history, payment history and driver license to prove the right owner of that account. Unfortunately, as the hacker changed all account settings so he even cannot pass the Support PIN.

GoDaddy is asking he turn to the help of ICANN-approved arbitration provider (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm) or the court system, we ask Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre (ADNDRC) but they said only he has the registered trademark of this domain, otherwise he will failed in this dispute.

Now what he should do? Can you give him some suggestions?

Regards

Comments

• @GreenVine I would be remiss to assume this But does your friend have any domains for which verification was paid? This would help to confirm account holder details on their end although it may not in itself guarantee Any help with an account hijacking. THat really is what you are talking about here. Not just hijacking of the domain. In that case your payment options would have also been exposed. And I would try to line up some measure of explanation in this regard for speaking with GoDaddy security team. From their end It probably just looks like some one logged in and updated some details. In this respect you are advising of not passing the 'support PIN'. Are you making the effort to speak to some one in person or is this being handled through Email?

• His domain is transferred from one Chinese domain registrar to GoDaddy so certainly he has all payment logs such as transaction ID, payment time/date.

We called GoDaddy and sent email to them, but before they support, they always requesting a Support PIN, so we cannot continue discussion with them.

btw, he didn't have any trademark for this domain and this is a .com domain.

• Hm I've read some similar cases last night when I saw this and some people I know at Godaddy were always there to help on the phone. If the account details were hacked and completely changed they would see that. If you're running into trouble at that point I'm not sure what to say. That sort of suggests they don't see that. But may be some one else has some insight on what to do. Best of luck!