Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small dedicated server in the United Kingdom with /26 subnet for VPN service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small dedicated server in the United Kingdom with /26 subnet for VPN service

Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
edited August 2016 in Requests

Can anyone offer a small dedicated server in the United Kingdom with the following specs:

• Atom, Dual or Quad Core
  • 2-4 GB RAM
  • CentOS 6.7, 64 Bit
  • 32 GB SSD or smallest possible HDD
  • shared gigabit uplink with max. 15 TB of monthly traffic
  • /26 subnet with our own RIPE records (including our abuse mailbox, taken from our RIPE role object)

Our prefered payment option is Bitcoins.

Comments

• edited August 2016

.../26 are you fucking kidding me. And no. stop asking. srsly.

we despise Ricks.

• We've got 50 servers in 34 countries, all with /26 to /24 subnets, so where's the problem?

• @Anthony2016 said:
    We've got 50 servers in 34 countries, all with /26 to /24 subnets, so where's the problem?

that's the problem. nice spam ops?

• you should able to get some offer here. Just need to justify your IP usage. However, i believe no one willing to change the abuse email to your email.

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited August 2016

We may be able to do something for you (dependant on your VPN usage - private/public?), you can find our dedicated server pricing in the link below.

We wouldn't however drop down to 4Gb of RAM.

• Wow, Rick is back!

• Anthony2016 said: including our abuse mailbox

Yeh, sure

• Shoot me a PM. There is a very small chance I can make something work. I have some atoms laying about

• @OpticalSwoosh said:
    Shoot me a PM.

Done. Hope to get an offer from you.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

If you ever need in Lithuania, please let me know.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Abuse contact to you directly is a deal breaker for any serious provider.

Effectively you're asking the provider to leave the reputation of the subnet, that has other Customers there in production, at your mercy.

Well, good luck finding one.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Most VPN providers have their own IP ranges or rent separately, a /24 is a bit larger but you have control over abuse and reputation?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • JacobJacob Member
    edited August 2016

Usually people send abuse reports to the abuse contact and the ISP.. so I don't see the problem as long as the provider also has their ranges on a blacklist checker.

• @Jacob said:
    Usually people send abuse reports to the abuse contact and the ISP.. so I don't see the problem and as long as the provider has their ranges on a blacklist checker it shouldn't be a problem.

The last few generic copyright notices I've seen go to the organisation and person abuse-mailbox, but for serious stuff I think someone would bother to look up the ASN abuse email.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2016

@Jacob said:
    Usually people send abuse reports to the abuse contact and the ISP.. so I don't see the problem as long as the provider also has their ranges on a blacklist checker.

Usually "people" automatically fetch the abuse contact from the registry. After all it's there for a reason. As such in the circumstances you'd miss most of the notices, which as an ISP you're legally required to act on!

You are are to get a copy to ASN abuse contact and your fax, and whatever can be find only when someone is very determined to take somethings down quickly, for example in case of phishing attack.

The fact that you can register something in RIPE DB doesn't make it out of the sudden complaint, legal, or technically feasible.

• Anthony2016Anthony2016 Member
    edited August 2016

Having our own abuse contact is the best way to handle potential complaints.
    When you run a VPN service they could happen from time to time.
    Although we do have our ToS, which don't allow any use of our service for illegal purposes, we can't expect that each and every customer sticks to them.
    What we do is we react on every complaint.

We've got 50 servers in 34 countries and for years we've been working together with large companies such as Online.net/Iliad, OVH, NFOservers and Rostelecom without having any problems.
    We can only do this by reacting on every incoming complaint, no matter if it reaches our abuse mailbox directly or if it is forwarded to us by the ISP.

I can't speak for other VPN services, but what I can say for sure is that there is nothing for the ISP to worry about, which could be caused from our side.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Anthony2016 said:
    Having our own abuse contact is the best way to handle potential complaints.
    When you run a VPN service they could happen from time to time.
    Although we do have our ToS, which don't allow any use of our service for illegal purposes, we can't expect that each and every customer sticks to them.
    What we do is we react on every complaint.

We've got 50 servers in 34 countries and for years we've been working together with large companies such as Online.net/Iliad, OVH, NFOservers and Rostelecom without having any problems.
    We can only do this by reacting on every incoming complaint, no matter if it reaches our abuse mailbox directly or if it is forwarded to us by the ISP.

I can't speak for other VPN services, but what I can say for sure is that there is nothing for the ISP to worry about, which could be caused from our side.

I highly doubt you are actually using ovh, and they never shut you down or not having any problems. There are cases when they take down everything on the account as a result of a single abuse report.