Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Berry.pw / Epidrive down time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Berry.pw / Epidrive down time

djndjn Member

Any one else on Berry.pw / Epidrive have no network connectivity since friday or is it just polo.
The support ticket responce I had is comical

Comments

• How does blacklisted by spamhaus = no IP connectivity?

Did their upstream null route?

• @josephb said:
    How does blacklisted by spamhaus = no IP connectivity?

Will assume they did, but nullrouting the entire range due to one phishing site seems a little too extreme, though.

• @theroyalstudent said:

@josephb said:
    How does blacklisted by spamhaus = no IP connectivity?

Will assume they did, but nullrouting the entire range due to one phishing site seems a little too extreme, though.

Well it depends for how many months they've been ignoring the abuse report.

• djndjn Member
    edited August 2016

Now day 8 of down time :(

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Is the IP shared or? Could you pull up the SBL to check?

If it was a single IP I can't see an upstream pulling their announcement over it. If they did that really sucks :(

Francisco

• djndjn Member

104.#.#.# is not listed in the SBL

• @Francisco said:
    Is the IP shared or? Could you pull up the SBL to check?

If it was a single IP I can't see an upstream pulling their announcement over it. If they did that really sucks :(

Francisco

107.158.239.251 is their LG.

• I am very much sorry for the reply of miqdad. I have found your ticket and updated it.

• @Epidrive said:
    I am very much sorry for the reply of miqdad. I have found your ticket and updated it.

LowEndSupportDesk

Thanked by 1Smir
  • djndjn Member

Another 4 days have passed here was the last ticket

Hello,

Nathan, unfortunately ALL our ip ranges were put on temporary null route until we resolve this issue. We are really doing our best to have this resolved and shall compensate you for the downtimes. I would also like to make a promise that this should be the last time happening to our servers ever, i do not want for any of our clients to ever experience this again. And we will do our best for that.

Please allow us another 48h to have this resolved.

Kind Regards,
    Bryson L.
    Berry Servers - Management

• theroyalstudent said: Will assume they did, but nullrouting the entire range due to one phishing site seems a little too extreme, though.

You seem unfamiliar with Spamhaus

• @doughmanes said:

theroyalstudent said: Will assume they did, but nullrouting the entire range due to one phishing site seems a little too extreme, though.

You seem unfamiliar with Spamhaus

I know they have some "do not route or peer" thing, but does everyone really use it? Note that I'm not very experienced in these so...

• theroyalstudent said: Note that I'm not very experienced in these so...

I'm very experienced with Spamhaus. They act just as criminal with threats, extortion and misinformation than the people they claim to protect. The extortion used will force providers into using "recommended" third parties by Spamhaus once they list large amounts of your IPs. Nobody will publicly admit to this but I've seen it happen to 3 providers.

• @doughmanes said:

theroyalstudent said: Note that I'm not very experienced in these so...

I'm very experienced with Spamhaus. They act just as criminal with threats, extortion and misinformation than the people they claim to protect. The extortion used will force providers into using "recommended" third parties by Spamhaus once they list large amounts of your IPs. Nobody will publicly admit to this but I've seen it happen to 3 providers.

Thanks for the clarification. Really didn't know about this! Well, I guess I've learnt something today.

• Their justification for null routing our whole IP block is that there were past histories of blocklist on some single IPs within the range, but this has already been resolved and the violations were from years ago. I get it that Spamhaus sanctions phishing activities heavier than spamming, they classify phishing as a heinous crime which is totally understandable. But the consequences and penalties in my opinion are still extreme.

At this point, we have no choice but to move forward, we have already finished cleaning our network and are currently in the process of acquiring new set of IPs to assign to affected clients. This might take more time but we are really doing our best to expedite our request.

@djn I see we have updated your ticket, kindly check.

• Jack said: I wouldn't of expected serverhub to even care about abuse based on previous experience with them, maybe they got a similar treatment to colocrossing with SBLs...?

Serverhub is pretty strict with abuse complaints, i assume you're referring to servermania

• djndjn Member

@Epidrive Please can you look at my tickets again as still have ongoing problems

• Man this sucks.

I feel for anyone affected this long by this.

I've inherited previously blacklisted IPS before. It really sucks as a lot can happen based on someone else's prior activity.

• @djn

At this point, they're in a tight situation - let them make an announcement when things are back up instead of constantly trying to ask for an ETA.

To @Epidrive:

I am deeply sorry that you have to deal with the idiots at Spamhaus. (I had to deal with one of my VPS servers at another provider that had been nullrouted due to a spamming neighbour).

Thanked by 1Epidrive
  • @djn I can see your ticket already attended by Miqdad and seems resolved already.

• djndjn Member
    edited August 2016

@epidrive Wouldn't realy call it solved
    When you moved the container you turned caching on with a 64meg box
    adding more burst ram then telling me if I need more memory buy a bigger box isnt solved.
    The container ran for 11months fine under 60meg