Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching Push E-Mail Webspace - Webhosting with Push E-Mail, ActiveSync, Exchange ...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching Push E-Mail Webspace - Webhosting with Push E-Mail, ActiveSync, Exchange ...

EGOissTEGOissT Member
edited August 2016 in Providers

Hi LET,

i want to create a small homepage and host our family emails there.

I need 8 to 10 email adresses with about 20gb of space but i love push e-mail and a hoster is hard to find.

I talked with the edis support ( only imap - no exchange) and with easyname ( no push mail).

Do you know a hoster / webhoster with ActiveSync or exchange?

Budget about € 10/ month

I prefer hosts:
bigger hosting comanys
maybe near or in austria
webmail and support should be available in german or english

Comments

• MXRoute from @jarland (newest promotion here: http://billing.mxroute.com/announcements.php?id=81), I believe it supports push.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@spammy said:
    MXRoute from @jarland (newest promotion here: http://billing.mxroute.com/announcements.php?id=81), I believe it supports push.

Oh ffs! You just made me buy another one! Why do you do this @jarland :|

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Mxroute for email. You don't need to use the hosting providers email.

• TWoTWo Member

What are you actually looking for?

1) "Push Mail" (which can be as easy as IMAP push)
    2) Active Sync (about to be deprecated)
    3) Exchange

First one can be provided by most email service providers.

Second one already limits the selection, Nowadays most email service providers do use OpenXchange (OX) to offer this. Popular German speaking providers are:

• mailbox.org
    • strato.de / strato.com
    • 1und1.de / 1und1.at

Third option are the more expensive solutions (real Exchange):

• Exchange Online / Office365 Business
    • Hosted Exchange

Outlook.com (previously live.com, previously hotmail.com) is switching their complete backend to Exchange currently. So with outlook.com you'll have also "push email". They do not provide own domain currently, but soon. It's probably going to be named Outlook Premium. I'm test driving it currently and it allows 5 accounts/mailboxes, an own domain name and might cost around 50 Euro a year.

And then there is a fourth option: Use a grandfathered Google Apps account or buy Google Apps For Work which will also give you push email on Android and IOS devices.

• TWo said: Active Sync (about to be deprecated)

http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-activesync-v16/

some had speculated that ActiveSync would not be developed any further and may even be deprecated in favor of newer mobile device management features.
    So it may come as a surprise to read the announcement by Microsoft of Exchange ActiveSync v16, currently planned for roll-out in Office 365 and inclusion in Exchange Server 2016.

So where did you get the from? Activesync is the most featureful and mature protocol in its space, why would it be deprecated?

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited August 2016

Try getting a zextras license from me it supports active sync on zextras mobile on zimbra ose edition
    If anyone wonders yes I just became a reseller of zextras licenses