Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Inception] UK/DE/NL/USA | Xen PV + OpenVZ | 768MB Xen @ €5.25 and 64mb OpenVZ for €3 p/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Inception] UK/DE/NL/USA | Xen PV + OpenVZ | 768MB Xen @ €5.25 and 64mb OpenVZ for €3 p/year

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2013 in Offers

Hi Folks,

Been a while since I put an offer out here, having finished the first DE Node and lots of people asking about the €3.00 p/year plans I thought it would be good timing to kick it all off with a load of offers.

DE (Germany) - Accelerated DC - Frankfurt

CPU: 4 Cores Equal Share
RAM: 512 MB
SWAP: 512 MB
DISK: 45 GB
Transfer: 400 GB

PRICE: €4.00 p/month
ORDER LINK: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=66
COUPON CODE: DE512MAR

RAM: 768 MB
SWAP: 768 MB
DISK: 65 GB
Transfer: 500 GB

PRICE: €5.25 p/month
ORDER LINK: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=66
COUPON CODE: DE768MAR

UK - RapidSwitch DC - Maidenhead

CPU: 2 Cores Equal Share
RAM: 128 MB
SWAP: 128 MB
DISK: 7 GB
Transfer: 300 GB

PRICE: €7.00 p/quarter (3 months)
PRICE: €18.00 p/year
COUPON CODE FOR YEARLY: LETDEC128
ORDER LINK: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=55

Netherlands - SmartDC/i3d - Rotterdam

RAM: 256 MB
SWAP: 256 MB
DISK: 15 GB
Transfer: 600 GB

PRICE: €3.80 p/month
ORDER LINK: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=40
COUPON CODE: 2564380

USA - PhoenixNAP - Phoenix

CPU: 2 Cores Equal Share
RAM: 128 MB
SWAP: 128 MB
DISK: 6 GB
Transfer: 300 GB

PRICE: €15.00 p/year
ORDER LINK: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=54
COUPON CODE: USALET128JAN

----------------------------------------------------

Introducing the €3.00 p/year VPS

Specifications

64mb Ram
2GB Disk
500GB Xfer
1 x NAT IPv4
5 x Native IPv6
20 x forwarded ports
SolusVM/OpenVZ
ServerBear: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/02/06/gKrKLlwlSG1XU307

This is an Inception Hosting sponsored and funded project that runs as an interest, it is not going anywhere and it is not a profit generator so please respect that, you can find the order link via http://lowendspirit.com which is also hosted on one of the 64mb boxes, this is just in its embryonic stages at the moment so suggestions are welcome.

If you don't have Native or tunnelled IPv6 from home/office that has been taken care of with port forwarding on IPv4 and there is a reverse proxy which handles TCP Header forwarding which in basic terms means you can also host a website on it, click around on the lowendspirit.com website to see 64mb worth of performance :)

New Locations for €3 p/year servers will pop up over 2013.

DO NOT post the direct link for the €3.00 p/year offer, to many people buy it without realising what they are getting that way,

General notes applicable to all above offers:

1) Test IP's will not be posted, please email sales at inceptionhosting .dot. com if you want these.
2) The offers this week or non downwards negotiable i.e. I cant reduce the price by reducing the disk space.
3) If you want any further info please email sales at inceptionhosting .dot. com

Comments

• How stable are those 3€/year thingies? I'm considering them for hosting a Teamspeak server however i need very good stability (both uptime and network)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@gsrdgrdghd said: How stable are those 3€/year thingies? I'm considering them for hosting a Teamspeak server however i need very good stability (both uptime and network)

Well its is on the i3d network, I am not going to pretend it is an enterprise grade service nor is it the worlds best hardware. so far it has had no issues at all.

if you 'need' very good uptime and network then I would suggest looking for a self healing cloud solution and spending more than €0.25c p/month equivalent on it. that is unless you just would like those things and in reality don't mind as long as it is not up and down every day :)

• 3 euros is a bit steep, but what the hell. We need more deals like this.

@nutjob said: 3 euros is a bit steep, but what the hell. We need more deals like this.

€3 p/year is a bit steep?

not sure if trolling or serious.....

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2013

@AnthonySmith said: €3 p/year is a bit steep?

not sure if trolling or serious.....

I think what he means to say by steep is very low steep. Because:

@nutjob said: We need more deals like this.

• support123support123 Member
    edited March 2013

@Ishaq said: I think what he means to say by steep is very low steep. Because:

I guess he missed the last line :)

Ah ok I see :)

Steep where I live is slang for expensive :)

• there is any solusvm panel for €3 p/year?

@skizoid said: there is any solusvm panel for €3 p/year?

Yup :) have a look at the website it tells you more,

• Well, yes, steep mean expensive, but it was a joke, I was being ironic. I love this 3 euro plan. Is it ok to buy two or is that against the "low end spirit".

haha ok :) you never know in this place.

Yeah you can buy as many as you want.

• It should be noted that support is 3 euros a throw, but at this price it's understandable. The only thing is, if it your support call is due to a problem caused by the hosting company, are you still charged?

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited March 2013

@AnthonySmith Can you already tell us the next location? Love those ultra LEBs!

@nutjob that has not been imposed yet and only ever would be in the scenario that a knowledge base is already available for the issue, or the issue is covered in the forums or website or welcome email and after pointing said user to the right resource to resolve the problem themselves they still required support as at that point it becomes semi managed.

@chrisp probably Atlanta just waiting for IPv6 :)

• nutjobnutjob Member
    edited March 2013

Thanks for the clarification. The forum/KB is the right way to go for support I think. Support is expensive to run and unless things are going terribly wrong with the server or datacenter, totally unnecessary.

I'll be in for an Atlanta!

• @AnthonySmith Oh ok, gotta skip that one unfortunately. 50% of the LEB market seems to be in the US anyway so I'm fine with what I have there. Definitely won't miss the uk offer when it's there some day!

• earlearl Member

would be great to have €3 p/yr in the UK, for the occasional iplayer..

• there is no CentOs in €3/yr???

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I doubt yum will work on 64 MB of RAM.

• earlearl Member

@rm_ said: I doubt yum will work on 64 MB of RAM.

Maybe if you disable the "fastestmirror" plugin ??

@earl said: Maybe if you disable the "fastestmirror" plugin ??

Not even then, @rm is correct.

I can make CentOS available as long as you don't mind having yum completely removed which seems pointless.

• derrysderrys Member
    edited March 2013

@AnthonySmith Please stock up UK 512 MB XEN nodes. I really desparetly need it. Sorry for a bit off-topic

@derrys might be longer than expected but working on it.

Seems no one is interested in Germany which was unexpected, especially at those prices.

• Would be interested in a NAT-ed 3€ / year vps in US.
    As i have a dual-stack home connection here, i could connect to my VPN server via IPv6 and watch hulu, pandora etc from Germany. Thought about buying a very small VPS for that but why waste money and IPv4 if i don't need it.

@jevermeister USA will probably be next.

Since doing this I am realising more and more myself that a dedicated IPv4 really is not needed most of the time unless you need ssl or run a DNS server, with reverse proxy you essentially get shared port 80 in simple terms and I guess you could use haproxy with TCP based headers for mail, and most other things you can just set a custom port.

@derrys stock!

• derrysderrys Member
    edited March 2013

Going to grab it...

Getting stuck with maxmind. Help me please. :)