Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Mailcheap.co] Unlimited Email hosting | 25-4000 GB storage | starts at $4.99/mo.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Mailcheap.co] Unlimited Email hosting | 25-4000 GB storage | starts at $4.99/mo.

mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
edited July 2016 in Offers

Mailcheap.co is a dedicated email hosting solution. Prices start at $4.99/mo for Basic 1.

Features:

• Unlimited Domains
  • Unlimited Users
  • 25 to 4000 GB Storage
  • Shared/Private/Dedicated email servers
  • TLS for secure access & transmission
  • SPF, DKIM, DMARC support (mail-tester scores 10/10)
  • HA cloud servers w/ 99.95-99.99% uptime SLA.
  • Free setup & migration
  • Webmail w/ 50 MB attachments
  • IMAP, SMTP, POP3 support
  • Web based admin panel
  • Anti-spam & anti-virus protection w/ quarantine management
  • DDoS protection
  • Triple data replication (incl. offsite backups)
  • Custom branding (private-label site)
  • 24/7 Direct-Admin support

Basic 1

Unlimited Domains | Unlimited Users | 25 GB Storage | $4.99/mo | Order

LET Special offer $48/yr.

Use promo code LET20 for 20% off on annual billing.

Resources:

Website | Demo | Pricing | Features | Infrastructure | Comparison | Help/FAQ | Sign Up

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2016

Please list packages that match the price limit here, their specs, and provide order links.

This needs to be corrected ASAP. Thanks :)

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • @mailcheap

Your offered package only allows for quarterly billing. Anything monthly you offer is out of the allowed pricerange. Judging your quarterly billing on a yearly basis brings it to 60 usd/year, which is also outside the price range allowed here.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

@teamacc said:
    @mailcheap

Your offered package only allows for quarterly billing. Anything monthly you offer is out of the allowed pricerange. Judging your quarterly billing on a yearly basis brings it to 60 usd/year, which is also outside the price range allowed here.

Okay, let me give some discounts :)

• Rules state:

List the final price after any discounts/coupons. Just the discount percentage is not enough.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • MXroute is still the leader at LET, especially with prices at $4.99/month :p

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    MXroute is still the leader at LET, especially with prices at $4.99/month :p

If their offering is true HA like they claim, I definitely can't compete and their pricing is amazing. Always good to have competition :)

Thanked by 1mailcheap

Mailcheap uses HA storage pool with automatic failover and coupled w/ offsite backup makes up triple data replication.

• Do you send email directly, or do you route through another company like how MXRoute uses MailChannels?

@HackedServer said:
    Do you send email directly, or do you route through another company like how MXRoute uses MailChannels?

We do outbound scanning in-house.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2016

I think I'll wait out on this until I see some good reviews :)

(at the moment, I can't exactly find any sort of decent reviews to take a look at)

• TWoTWo Member

@mailcheap.co I wonder with who I am actually having business.

ToS state that I'm entering an agreement with some entity called mailcheap.co. But there are no hints who this entity actually is. To make it worse that entity demands my full name and residential address while playing hide & seek.

In "Contact Us" there is an address of a private person. Am I having business with that private person? So there is no company offering "enterprise email"?

Reading through "Help" let me doubt I'm dealing with the guy from "Contact Us". I'm reading there

No. All our prices are exclusive of any VAT /taxes. The price you see is the price you pay. Because of our 'one-price for all' policy we won't be able to offer any tax rebates for EU reg. organizations or companies.

which is proof enough for me that whoever I'm dealing with is not a company registered in the EU. Companies in the EU are legally bound to charge VAT. Last time I checked Czech Republic was a member of the EU.

My serious doubts about dealing with that anonymous entity increase after figuring all the used templates for their site, the personal site of the "creator" and the demo site looked so familiar. All of them are taken from html5up.net without giving proper credit as their license requests.

Next thing I figured is you're running out of OVH. You might want to remove that OVH graphic from your infrastructure page.

Apart from Afterlogic you run Modoboa. Why not disclose this instead of pretending it is your "built-in webmail".

Last but not least, there is totally biased price comparison. It compares an email only offering with mailboxes in shared hosting plans and Google Apps For Work. No word about all the additional features you get with Google Apps For Work or their bigger plan with 1 TB of storage. No word about more comparable services like MXRoute, PolarisMail, POBox, RackSpace. No word about Office365.

You play cheap. As in your name.

Summer-Email-Host anyone?

@FlammesRunner - does this already qualify as a review?

@TWo said:
    @mailcheap.co I wonder with who I am actually having business.

ToS state that I'm entering an agreement with some entity called mailcheap.co. But there are no hints who this entity actually is. To make it worse that entity demands my full name and residential address while playing hide & seek.

In "Contact Us" there is an address of a private person. Am I having business with that private person? So there is no company offering "enterprise email"?

Reading through "Help" let me doubt I'm dealing with the guy from "Contact Us". I'm reading there

No. All our prices are exclusive of any VAT /taxes. The price you see is the price you pay. Because of our 'one-price for all' policy we won't be able to offer any tax rebates for EU reg. organizations or companies.

which is proof enough for me that whoever I'm dealing with is not a company registered in the EU. Companies in the EU are legally bound to charge VAT. Last time I checked Czech Republic was a member of the EU.

My serious doubts about dealing with that anonymous entity increase after figuring all the used templates for their site, the personal site of the "creator" and the demo site looked so familiar. All of them are taken from html5up.net without giving proper credit as their license requests.

Next thing I figured is you're running out of OVH. You might want to remove that OVH graphic from your infrastructure page.

Apart from Afterlogic you run Modoboa. Why not disclose this instead of pretending it is your "built-in webmail".

Last but not least, there is totally biased price comparison. It compares an email only offering with mailboxes in shared hosting plans and Google Apps For Work. No word about all the additional features you get with Google Apps For Work or their bigger plan with 1 TB of storage. No word about more comparable services like MXRoute, PolarisMail, POBox, RackSpace. No word about Office365.

You play cheap. As in your name.

Summer-Email-Host anyone?

@FlammesRunner - does this already qualify as a review?

We're in the process of completing registration; in the meantime I apologize for any loss of faith as we're a startup with no outside funding. The Contact us, Billing FAQ, ToS and invoice all reflect this.

All software used is open-source; we didn't try to reinvent the wheel. Its email!

The graphics are public domain and/or press material.

Modoboa comes with a built-in webmail and we also offer Afterlogic. The exact wording on the website is "Choice of two webmails; there is the built-in webmail in the Mail portal and a webmail powered by Afterlogic."

If ad hominem qualifies as a "review", your arguments were quite remarkable.

Have a nice weekend :)

• Just because @TWo messed the tag for his question:

@FlamesRunner

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner TWo

@Two Something I missed in the last post: About the site templates, they're attribution free from Pixelarity. Take it easy w/ the accusations mate.

• TWoTWo Member

@mailcheap Oh, have I caught you on that one? Is that the reason you quickly changed all the "Created by" and added Pixelarity? Unfortunately for you, I have to tell you that your templates are not from Pixelarity. You may (or may not) have quickly bought a subscription at Pixelarity to obtain a license, but the templates you are using are not the ones from Pixelarity's download area.

You seem to have a really weird view on what's "public domain and/or press material":

https://www.ovh.com/us/images/about-us/new-dc-map.jpg
    https://www.mailcheap.co/images/infra1.jpg

I wonder if the same attitude applies to your customers' data.

Your lame excuse of being a "startup with no outside funding" raise even more doubt about paying upfront.

PS: "Direct-Admin" is that really a registered trademark of yours?

edited July 2016

@TWo said:
    @mailcheap Oh, have I caught you on that one? Is that the reason you quickly changed all the "Created by" and added Pixelarity? Unfortunately for you, I have to tell you that your templates are not from Pixelarity. You may (or may not) have quickly bought a subscription at Pixelarity to obtain a license, but the templates you are using are not the ones from Pixelarity's download area.

You seem to have a really weird view on what's "public domain and/or press material":

Your lame excuse of being a "startup with no outside funding" raise even more doubt about paying upfront.

Your ad hominem arguments and rights trolling are simply just that. If you have any relevant queries as to the service or offer I'd be happy to help out otherwise there's no point in continuing this further in this thread.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2016

@TWo said:

What's wrong with the image? Lots of companies use it themselves since they're on OVH's infrastructure.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • What's "Shared/Private/Dedicated email servers" ? and what's your antispam / antivirus provider?

@tommy said:
    What's "Shared/Private/Dedicated email servers" ? and what's your antispam / antivirus provider?

Shared: Cloud Email server used by many people; similar to other providers.
    Private: Private cloud email server used only by you. Own IP/hostname, custom branding, etc.
    Dedicated: Dedicated cloud email server - dedicated resources.

Anti-spam and AV: SpamAssassin & ClamAV along with Amavis. Filters and definitions are updated daily.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • TWoTWo Member

@doghouch These other companies in general proudly disclose that they are running on OVH.

My intention wasn't trolling, but to point out why I would not entrust my data with a company which leaves me with so many questions.

Unfortunately Pavin wasn't seeing any benefits in my free consulting but took them as personal insults.

And yes, I have more questions regarding the service:

How do you ensure deliverablity?

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @TWo said:
    @doghouch These other companies in general proudly disclose that they are running on OVH.

My intention wasn't trolling, but to point out why I would not entrust my data with a company which leaves me with so many questions.

Unfortunately Pavin wasn't seeing any benefits in my free consulting but took them as personal insults.

Whoops, didn't read. No commitment = bad service

edited August 2016

@TWo said:

Apart from the mail singing/ authentication & outbound scanning, all servers and IP's are monitored daily for blacklist issues incl. RBL's, Outlook SNDS/JMRP, etc. Never really had much issues with deliverability save for a few w/ AT&T or some local ISP's.

Didn't want to mention OVH on the website until accepted into their DLP program!

• Signed up for Mailcheap Starter package but my order ended up in a scam folder. Emailed support on that and the service was completed after receiving scan of my ID and PayPal screenshot. But after configuring and adding 10 domains got an email that my account was terminated without reason. Tried to arrange different payment methods (bitcoin) but have been told just to go out.

It's either looks like a scam or child company. Don't signup if you value your time. The service is a real garbage!

Hello asitnik,

I would like to apologize for wasting your time. While signing up, your order was flagged by Maxmind's fraud detection system due to address being in Russia and IP in Ukraine but later on we received an email warning from Maxmind stating high volume of fraudulent orders from this IP. The Basic 1 plan you ordered has only 1 domain (added yesterday) and you will have 48 hrs to migrate your domain/data to a different service before cancellation is processed. We were very clear regarding why the account was being cancelled and the grace period allowed before processing cancellation.

We're working with Maxmind to improve their email warning to be in real-time to avoid these issues in the future.

Best Regards,
    Pavin.

edited November 2016

Hey everyone,

I would like to clarify a few things if you're referring to this thread later on. We have released a lot of new products in the meantime incl. Dedicated SMTP relays with outbound/inbound filtering to protect your email infrastructure and ensure reliable email delivery, backup MX service, inbound AVAS filtering and a varied number of basic plans starting at $1.99/mo. which includes premium relay for near 100% deliverability.

First off, I would like to apologize if any of my above comments come off as unprofessional; tbh, I was quite overworked at the time with new product development & testing, business reg. and building tools to manage our growing number of servers.

Secondly, I would like to address the few license issues that were brought up.

Modoboa is released under the MIT license; Mailcheap's version of Modoboa is customized to our own needs, is a derivative work and as such it wouldn't be appropriate to call it Modoboa. Antoine, the developer of Modoboa has been kind enough to help us out with any issues while rolling out; we're grateful for his contributions to the community and we try to help out by contributing to the project in any way we can.

As with all the different components that make up Mailcheap - be it the Openstack cloud or the Postfix mailserver - our website is open source too, licensed from Pixelarity. Granted that we weren't using the Pixelarity license at the time; AJ, the developer has confirmed that the license carries over to older HTML5up templates.

In addition Mailcheap supports FOSS projects and charitable org. with an always available recurring discount pricing (more info here).

Third, we now offer HA storage pool/SSD storage with custom plans only. All our current offers use enterprise SAS drives w/ RAID protection and more importantly offsite data replication.

Best Regards,

Pavin.