Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ - Wrong Memory in Containers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ - Wrong Memory in Containers

hienhien Member
edited March 2013 in Help

Hello,

I just installed OpenVZ on my new node. I face new issue this is every VPS have 8TB RAM when i run 'free -m' inside it. I tried downgrade vz-kernel and vzctl but it doesn't help. My problem is same with that link http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&th=11393&start=0&; . Any workaround for this problem. Thanks in advance!.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

8TB?!?!? Where so I sign up!

• hienhien Member

This is maybe OpenVZ bug. But i tried downgrade many version doesn't help :(

Hold on, how did you create the VPS? With command line, or with SolusVM?
    And what kernel, host OS, etc?

• hienhien Member

I created via SolusVM and command line in slave node as well. I disabled vswap in solusvm too :(.

OK, what is the OS the server is running, and have you selected the appropriate setting in the Master?

• hienhien Member

I just downgraded. But still problem!

My kernel: 2.6.32-042stab068.8 #1 SMP Fri Dec 7 17:06:14 MSK 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

vzctl : 4.0

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

Never seen this "bug." Paste the commands you used to create the VM?

Similar reports with SolusVM suggest it happens on CentOS 6 when vSwap is disabled. Still shouldn't happen though. Downgrading vzctl may be helpful if this truly is no error in configuration.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

I have had something similar when going from from centos 5 vz kernel to centos 6 .32 kernel, though never on a new node unless you are migrating from a centos 5 -> centos 6 host node.

If that is the case and you are using Solusvm, you can always upgrade/downgrade options which will fix the ram issue by resetting it back to normal.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@hien said: VPS have 8TB RAM w

@jarland said: Never seen this "bug."

Host1Free got this one, it was something about swap

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4799/wow-thats-a-hell-lot-of-ram

Make sure you are using Centos 6 for the .32 kernel. It works much better. If you just manually apply the ram limits again it should fix it.

• Quit trying to run vswap on a non-vswap enabled kernel.

• @Wintereise said: Quit trying to run vswap on a non-vswap enabled kernel.

But iwannaswap!
    Neh, swap is something that must not exist...