Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows on Soyoustart (own license)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows on Soyoustart (own license)

Do Soyoustart allow to install windows with BYOL (own license)? Thank you for your help & suggestions.

Comments

• BochiBochi Member
    edited July 2016

Yes, as far as I remember you can enter a license - to be found somewhere in the backend.

/UPDATE/
    I was refering to the function that allows adding SPLA licenses into the backend.

Thanked by 1kingcobs999
  • I don't think they'll stop you from doing so. Boot into some rescue mode and do a dd to your disk with a windows hdd image. Or even you can find tutorials about qemu installing windows.

Thanked by 1kingcobs999
  • @kingcobs999 said:
    Do Soyoustart allow to install windows with BYOL (own license)? Thank you for your help & suggestions.

This script can help you:

http://kimsufitemplates.net/

Thanked by 1kingcobs999
  • Yes, You can install without any issues I was running Windows Server 2012 R2 for 6 months with no issues with own licence.

Thanked by 1kingcobs999
  • I ran a windows server with exchange on a kimsufi server for over a year. I had no issues with it just moved my email to Google apps as I realised I had a legacy free apps account.

I actually used joodle.nl to learn how to install it. And they gave you premade templates of windows so you could easily I stall it and add your license to the server.

• @HostHoney said:
    I ran a windows server with exchange on a kimsufi server for over a year. I had no issues with it just moved my email to Google apps as I realised I had a legacy free apps account.

I actually used joodle.nl to learn how to install it. And they gave you premade templates of windows so you could easily I stall it and add your license to the server.

@HostHoney, How did you find out you have a Free Google apps account?