Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get a reply from delimiter support? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to get a reply from delimiter support?

2»

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

I think it is a common sense that the contact details for a sales department are sales@whatever, regardless of who works there. Also it's common sense that the working hours for a sales department are usually normal busyness hours.

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

Jazzy8999 said: cheap won't be good / fast

This is a digital urban myth. You can buy some time on AWS or Google cloud for just a couple dollars with perfect uptime, and there are some providers who generally respond on a $50 server as fast as some providers respond on $500 server.

Research your provider and if possible make a site visit or talk to someone who has.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited July 2016

@miamiconsultant said:
    No announcement that contact hours/business model would be changing, not even a post here? Mark Turner was so vocal before?

Do you want a public announcement each time they buy a new server aswell? Only thing that changed was a staff member, staff members change all the time for many reasons - I don't think there should be a post here each time they change a staff member.

• @miamiconsultant said:

Jazzy8999 said: cheap won't be good / fast

This is a digital urban myth. You can buy some time on AWS or Google cloud for just a couple dollars with perfect uptime, and there are some providers who generally respond on a $50 server as fast as some providers respond on $500 server.

Research your provider and if possible make a site visit or talk to someone who has.

And this has as much to do with luck as anything else sometimes.
    AWS costs a lot more than most hosts here and they experienced a number of hours of downtime at 2 locations in Sydney last month. Perfect? Not without a shit load of luck.

• miamiconsultantmiamiconsultant Member, Patron Provider

zafouhar said: Only thing that changed was a staff member

Mark used to post here every day. He would pop up in threads in the middle of the night that mentioned delimiter or even a competitor.

Did Mark leave too?

• vedranvedran Veteran

miamiconsultant said: This is a digital urban myth. You can buy some time on AWS or Google cloud for just a couple dollars with perfect uptime

Of course you can buy some time, but it will only be a few days. I don't have any experience with Google cloud, but I've been using AWS for years and you can't buy a full month service with AWS for a couple dollars which will be good. Yes, whatever you buy will work, uptime is perfect but you get what you pay for. Anything with nano, micro, small in it's name? Completely useless ...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Some are too spoiled by Debian. /Sigh

Thanked by 1jackb
  • @MrGeneral said:

@mikeyur said:

@doghouch said:
    Just had a chat with them. (brain went blank while using their livechat)

I left at the beginning of June. To OP: you can try emailing sales@ but you'll likely only get a response there during US business hours.

Why? And what did you learn?

Yeah, and what about @MarkTurner?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @miamiconsultant said:

zafouhar said: Only thing that changed was a staff member

Mark used to post here every day. He would pop up in threads in the middle of the night that mentioned delimiter or even a competitor.

Did Mark leave too?

It wouldn't surprise me if the answer to that question was yes.

• rds100rds100 Member

Mark claimed he doesn't work for Delimiter, but for their mysterious parent company - yomura.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • zedzed Member

@zafouhar said:

@miamiconsultant said:
    No announcement that contact hours/business model would be changing, not even a post here? Mark Turner was so vocal before?

Do you want a public announcement each time they buy a new server aswell? Only thing that changed was a staff member, staff members change all the time for many reasons - I don't think there should be a post here each time they change a staff member.

I don't disagree, except where mikeyur was the vocal/public face of the sales team(?). Bit larger than buying a new server. When Mike came on and Mark backgrounded, it was publicly noted.

• @zed said:

@zafouhar said:

@miamiconsultant said:

I don't disagree, except where mikeyur was the vocal/public face of the sales team(?). Bit larger than buying a new server. When Mike came on and Mark backgrounded, it was publicly noted.

Did EIG announce that they terminated the contract of one of their top managers last month? and yes this manager was heavily involved with customers.

The answer is no, hell companies don't even announce when they acquire new companies. Look at EIG for example. Delimiter itself as as shady as a provider can be, do you know anything about their parent company? The answer is no, so think again of what you said - do you think they would announce anything? no :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Gotta love this thread.
    So many people attacking me because I found Delimiter suspicious and did background checks... So many attacks even a ban. Now they left LET and I feel proud of having the consistency I do. I still have a server with them and supported them after attacking them as well however, this comes to prove that I was right and many people here are simply hypocrit.

• Delimiter leaving is probably a smart decision on their behalf... LET can such high maintenance. If LE is a big chunk of your business then you make it work - I think their low end boxes are just their because they can make some margin and keep their infrastructure paid for. I doubt the business is of much consequence for them - and the negative publicity when let-storms hit just isnt worth it.
    Just my thoughts.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MrGeneral said: Gotta love this thread. So many people attacking me because I found Delimiter suspicious and did background checks... So many attacks even a ban. Now they left LET and I feel proud of having the consistency I do. I still have a server with them and supported them after attacking them as well however, this comes to prove that I was right and many people here are simply hypocrit.

You forget, a lot of people just don't like you so it's not really hypocrisy, it was really just another reason to call you a twat.

Everyone has known about Delimiter's somewhat mysterious background for some time, since well before you signed up on LET.

Thanked by 2MikePT Dylan
  • tommytommy Member

That how you want n> @rds100 said:

Mark claimed he doesn't work for Delimiter, but for their mysterious parent company - yomura.

I suspect he's the only support, most of time solved problem on public forum and become LET 'hero'. Still, he said he work for parent compant. LOL

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

MrGeneral said: Gotta love this thread. So many people attacking me because I found Delimiter suspicious and did background checks... So many attacks even a ban. Now they left LET and I feel proud of having the consistency I do. I still have a server with them and supported them after attacking them as well however, this comes to prove that I was right and many people here are simply hypocrit.

You forget, a lot of people just don't like you so it's not really hypocrisy, it was really just another reason to call you a twat.

Everyone has known about Delimiter's somewhat mysterious background for some time, since well before you signed up on LET.

@Nekki, I rarely agree with you, but you are indeed right IMHO.

Cheers

• zedzed Member

@zafouhar said:
    Did EIG announce that they terminated the contract of one of their top managers last month? and yes this manager was heavily involved with customers.

Gonna quote that bit for hilarity, with a reach like that you should try out for the NBA.

As I said (and you quoted) delim did "announce" mikeyur's taking over sales so it's not batshit crazy to think they might have announced this change too.