Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi, Online or hetzner
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi, Online or hetzner

OldkyOldky Member

Hello

I need your help about decision.

I have now Online https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

And running Plesk web admin CP on Centos.

CPU Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz (8 core(s))
Version Plesk v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_Ubuntu 14.04
OS Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Ram: 16 GB

Although we do not spend near the 16 gb and pay 16 euros I think it sucks pacama so if you do not exploit even close to 40% of the server.

I was thinking move to https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-sc with €8.99 /month. But, i have read lot about online is not good as they look. I had never any big troubles, only with acces as root in ssh. That was complicated.

I was looking around other company and stuck to Hetzner.

https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_vserver/cx30 € 11.90 monthly

Benefits
2 vCores

RAM
4 GB RAM
SSD
100 GB
Connection
1 Gbit/s NIC
Traffic
8 TB*

Or at Kimsufi:

KS-2B Atom™ N2800 640 2c / 4t 1.86 GHz+ 4 GB 40 GB SSD 100 Mbps /128 € 9.99 excl. VAT
( £6.99 excl. VAT)

And now to my needs:

I have 4 website one of them is the most active, which revolves around 4,000 to 6,000 visits per day. On the server I have 10GB of SSD used of 250GB.

I think you do not need to waste money on this big 16 eu configuration when they can safely with less support and most importantly for now because of my budget.

What do you think that would be the most appropriate solution?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• OldkyOldky Member

I forgot to add that my visitors is most from the EU.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2016

Oldky said: KS-2B Atom™ N2800 640 2c / 4t 1.86 GHz+ 4 GB 40 GB SSD 100 Mbps /128 € 9.99 excl. VAT

Good job on missing today's KS sale, prolly you were busy typing up this post?

• OldkyOldky Member

@rm_ said:

Oldky said: KS-2B Atom™ N2800 640 2c / 4t 1.86 GHz+ 4 GB 40 GB SSD 100 Mbps /128 € 9.99 excl. VAT

Which sale??

• Forget about running multiple sites with decent traffic on Atom N2800 it can't handle even one website with decent traffic.

You current Atom C2750 benchmark is 3800+ and Atom N2800 benchmark is 625 so see the difference.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Atom+C2750+@+2.40GHz

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Atom+N2800+@+1.86GHz

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Oldky said:

@rm_ said:

Which sale??

The good one, today, where you could get an i3 for the price of the that fuckin' Atom.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • OldkyOldky Member

@Nekki said:

@Oldky said:

@rm_ said:

Which sale??

The good one, today, where you could get an i3 for the price of the that fuckin' Atom.

Noooooo, is there still sale ?? :(

• @Oldky said:

@rm_ said:

Which sale??

i3 / i5 servers were available on kimsufi sale for less price (8.99 euro/month) but it's gone now!

• OldkyOldky Member

Do you have link to sale??

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Oldky said:

Gone mate, you've blown it.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @Oldky said:

It's gone all sold within 2/3 hours you are late bro!

• OldkyOldky Member

@Nekki said:

@Oldky said:

I just came home from work, i miss newsletter from them!! Danm mannnn

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Oldky said:

@Nekki said:

@Oldky said:

I missed it because I was drinking.

I win.

• OldkyOldky Member

@Nekki said:

@Oldky said:

@Nekki said:

@Oldky said:

I win.

Haha, that was funny

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Oldky said:

@Nekki said:

@Oldky said:

@Nekki said:

@Oldky said:

I win.

Haha, that was funny

Feel free to click the thanks button, it gives me a semi every time I notice someone's done it.

• OldkyOldky Member

Now back to my question of this thread. Which one you will choose for my use?

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited July 2016

@Oldky said:

Kimsufi processor from the plan you mentioned really sucks forget about hosting multiple sites on it. The processor online.net is giving with dedibox-sc is just a little better thn the one from kimsufi so your best bet is that VPS from hetzner with 2 vcores, 4gb ram and 100GB SSD. But if ssd isn't a requirement i am pretty sure you can get many good VPS offers here with 4 vcores on xeon (fair use)

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • OldkyOldky Member

@WebGuru said:

@Oldky said:

Kimsufi processor from the plan you mentioned really sucks forget about hosting multiple sites on it. The processor online.net is giving with dedibox-sc is just a little better thn the one from kimsufi so your best bet is that VPS from hetzner with 2 vcores, 4gb ram and 100GB SSD. But if ssd isn't a requirement i am pretty sure you can get many good VPS offers here with 4 vcores on xeon (fair use)

SSD is requirement

• FalzoFalzo Member

I'd also vouch for hetzner, as this will be an offer including some redundancy on the underlying hardware esp. the disks... and you see features like 3 snapshots for making easy backups.

have you included that plesk licensing cost in your calculation though?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Oldky said:

SSD is requirement

Check this dedicated cPU thread ssd offer from @exception0x876
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/80509/eu-kvm-vps-linux-windows-ssd-hdd-plans-20-off-let-only#latest

I think you can double their $4.99/month offer and make it 4gb ram, 120gb ssd and 2 dedicated cpu threads of E3-1245v2. That will be more more thn enough for you.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • OldkyOldky Member

@Falzo said:
    I'd also vouch for hetzner, as this will be an offer including some redundancy on the underlying hardware esp. the disks... and you see features like 3 snapshots for making easy backups.

have you included that plesk licensing cost in your calculation though?

No, plesk i pay self.

• sinsin Member

I'm using an Online.net Dedibox SC SSD 2016 for hosting a fuckton of Wordpress sites and it works really well. The processor turned out to be a lot better then I expected and for 8.99euro/month it's a great deal (in my opinion).

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • OldkyOldky Member

@sin said:
    I'm using an Online.net Dedibox SC SSD 2016 for hosting a fuckton of Wordpress sites and it works really well. The processor turned out to be a lot better then I expected and for 8.99euro/month it's a great deal (in my opinion).

How many visitors can you handle daily ?

• OldkyOldky Member

More suggestions?

• FuslFusl Member

Order a Hetzner server and test it for 14 days. If you don't like it, cancel it within 14 days after order and you're good to go, nothing to worry about.

Thanked by 2Oldky inthecloudblog
  • Any other suggestions?

• I use Kimsufi, Online and Hetzner, and I'm happy with them all. Hetzner has I used for 18 months now.

• @myhken said:
    I use Kimsufi, Online and Hetzner, and I'm happy with them all. Hetzner has I used for 18 months now.

So your suggestions is Hetzner?

• Hetzner has good, fast servers, with lots of disk space, up to 6 IPs + subnets, 1 Gbps connection etc etc. Never had any downtime/network issue with them.
    Kimsufi has cheap servers, but not so cheap now when the sale is over. And they have only 100mbit connection and max 1 IP.
    Online is like a hybrid between the two others, but has really high setup fees.

• I have servers with them all and they all have their advantages. But I mostly go with Hetzner if the project is a bit more important to me. I like their support and response times. But I am German, that probably makes it easier for me to communicate with them.

• I think, Hetzner is solution or someone have better experiences ?