Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My vps was hacked - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My vps was hacked

13»

Comments

• krokro Member

Its like an english person trying to write as if its not their primary language, crackup maybe a troll?

• My SSH port is 22, I'm using Dome9 to protect all port on my VPS so I can close or open any port on my VPS

• Just disable password logins, only run webservers when you know how to secure / isolate them and update your server frequently. I was "hacked" one time two years ago as i didn't know that an old timthumb.php was installed by a wordpress theme and my suhosin didn't rejected eval statements. Never otherwise, how should they. Again: DISABLE PASSWORD LOGINS

• twaintwain Member

@raindog308 I usually netstat -antup locally instead of nmap from a remote host.. Good idea to do both though probably to be sure what Ports are open to the public

• I fail to understand how you getting hacked lends to any fault of Prometeus?

• @icySrv said: I fail to understand how you getting hacked lends to any fault of Prometeus?

Because clearly someone else is at fault for not protecting his unmanaged low cost vps better!

(that was sarcasm, internet.)