Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SecureWHMCS Module (Client Area Security) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SecureWHMCS Module (Client Area Security)

2»

Comments

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited March 2013

@serverian said: I've added that functionality

Looks great! How about a "comment" field when the device is first added? For a client-entered note, so they can easily identify things. Eg. "work", or "home".

• @BK_, yeah it's a good idea. However, it's not very urgent I think. I'll leave it for the next version. Thank you!

• That was fast. One other thing that I noticed. The "Click here to continue" takes you back to the main page. Can this be changed to go back to the log in page?

• XFS_BrianXFS_Brian Member
    edited March 2013

@BK_ said: Looks great! How about a "comment" field when the device is first added? For a client-entered note, so they can easily identify things. Eg. "work", or "home".

I like that idea but not really needed at this time as serverian stated. Got to leave room for future releases hehe.

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited March 2013

@serverian said: Thank you!

Not a problem!

@XFS_Brian said: I like that idea but not really needed at this time as serverian stated. Got to leave room for future releases hehe.

Yep, not a huge deal. Just a small feature idea :)

• @XFS_Brian said: That was fast. One other thing that I noticed. The "Click here to continue" takes you back to the main page. Can this be changed to go back to the log in page?

This is fixed as well.

• XFS_BrianXFS_Brian Member
    edited March 2013

Which check is run first on the log in attempt, IP check or Integrity Check?

It looks like the IP Check is ran first. Lets say you have two locations, work and home. You add your work IP to the white list and have already allowed the Integrity Check for your home IP. The white list is denying access to the home IP and forcing the work IP to be the only access. Can it be setup so that if one of the checks is true, access is granted?

• @XFS_Brian, It was checking both. However, yes, first checking IP whitelist, if the IP is in the whitelist then don't check for integrity makes sense. I did that way now.

It'll still look at IP whitelist if enabled and has a whitelisted IP in it even integrity allows login.

• So if an IP is whitelisted, it will allow access, but if the IP is not whitelisted but it is listed in integrity, it will allow access? I hope I understood that correctly.

I don't think that is the case as I am testing that now. My work IP is whitelisted and my home IP is not but is listed in integrity and is being blocked.

• If IP is whitelisted, it won't check for integrity.

If IP is not whitelisted, it'll check for integrity.

If integrity checks, it'll still check if IP is whitelisted.

• @serverian said: If integrity checks, it'll still check if IP is whitelisted.

I believe this is what is happening in my case but access is being denied. Either way, the IP has to be whitelisted in order for access to be granted. This is all keeping in mind that both the whitelist and integrity are enabled at the same time.

• Yeah, the IP must pass the ip check either way.

• Go ya. I understand now.

• Will this also work with IPv6?

• It should if I edit the javascript IP validation. It's just for ipv4 now.

• I've added the IPv6 support. Not tested, though. But should just work fine.