Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - email hosting summer special! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - email hosting summer special!

2»

Comments

• @jvnadr said:
    @Jarland, is there any custom modification to the specs possible? 15GB is not much space. What would be the price for 50GB, if possible?

wtf are you putting in your emails that you need that much space? email's shouldn't include anything non-text

• ShamliShamli Member

signed up....thanks @jarland

Thanked by 1jar
  • @texteditor said:
    wtf are you putting in your emails that you need that much space? email's shouldn't include anything non-text

Perhaps he just needs to host many email accounts...

• @texteditor said:

@jvnadr said:
    @Jarland, is there any custom modification to the specs possible? 15GB is not much space. What would be the price for 50GB, if possible?

Since when is that a rule?

• @pcfreak30 said:
    Since when is that a rule?

not a rule, just good form

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2016

texteditor said: not a rule, just good form

And who's saying mail should include nothing non-text?
    There are business emails with alot of attachments (docs, photos and videos). I am a journalist, my portal receives daily a lot of material like that (press releases with images, for example). my main mailbox is already 28GB and I want to keep mails there for instant access from every editor.
    I am hosting my own mail server that works fine, but I could consider using as main mail server something like mxroute, because Jarland is awsome and I won't have the headaches of maintaining the server.
    Is this answer good for you? :)

• namhuynamhuy Member

signed up, paid, instant activation. this is my very first time to pay for an email service.

Thanked by 1jar
  • And I just remembered I have an MXroute account.

Thanked by 1jar
  • henkbhenkb Member

@jarland DNS is redundant, but what about the server "my" / "your" mail is hosted on?
    Is it mirrored on-the-fly to a secondary server for High Availability? Or is it a single server, backupped daily?

kind regards.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

henkb said: Is it mirrored on-the-fly to a secondary server for High Availability? Or is it a single server, backupped daily?

Single server backed up daily. I'd like to add an HA offering later but it wouldn't be as inexpensive.

• henkbhenkb Member

Thnx, good to know.

• namhuynamhuy Member

say my main server is abc.com , when i added addon domain efg.com to my account, cpanel created subdomain efg.abc.com

is it normal ? i dont want the subdomain efg.abc.com

@namhuy said:
    say my main server is abc.com , when i added addon domain efg.com to my account, cpanel created subdomain efg.abc.com

is it normal ? i dont want the subdomain efg.abc.com

Yeah good old cpanel. It's a weird logic. Think of the sub domain as a cosmetic oddity, a leftover from the web hosting features that I haven't been able to strip out completely without breaking their panel.

• TWoTWo Member
    edited July 2016

jarland said: Right now we're exclusively in Carrier 1 facility in Dallas.

@jarland: Sorry, but when did that happen? I was under the impression my mail would be hosted with OVH, as stated here and here.

Somehow all old announcements also vanished. Do I have to worry?

• nepsneps Member

jarland said: No longer must you be bound by:

Paying Google's per user fee.

I read this and finally convinced myself that maybe there is a better alternative to paying Google hundreds of dollars a month. Going to try it, just signed up. Thanks @jarland!

Thanked by 1jar
    edited July 2016

@TWo said:

jarland said: Right now we're exclusively in Carrier 1 facility in Dallas.

@jarland: Sorry, but when did that happen? I was under the impression my mail would be hosted with OVH, as stated here and here.

Somehow all old announcements also vanished. Do I have to worry?

It was a long time ago. OVH support was nonexistent during a 12 hour outage in which their 3M PPS DDOS protection did not kick in, and the API wouldn't enable it.

I usually do remove old announcements to keep it free from clutter.

What would you be worried about? Your email is now in a rack that is physically supervised by us daily :)

Thanked by 2Bochi TWo
  • perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited July 2016

tahnk hd nice offer i tried it.

• TWoTWo Member

Long time ago? About half a year.

Although I understand why it had to happen, it would have been nice to be informed about such a move.

Is there a possibility to restore the old announcements? You left link rot. As you by yourself linked your announcement at some occasions. And I really enjoyed readying the "customer" rant.