Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Version 7.0 Beta Released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Version 7.0 Beta Released

zafouharzafouhar Veteran
edited July 2016 in General

I'm starting this thread to see what your thoughts/concerns/issues are with this release?

Apparently this is the last release that needs to be downloaded, about time!

Thanked by 1OnSebastian

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

for reference, this is the blog post: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=116158

Wonder how the auto update will handle templates.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2016

Awmusic12635 said: Wonder how the auto update will handle templates.

Order form template replacements, I'd love to hear their idea there. I'm sick of reinstalling my stripe module all the time. I'd be really pissed if I just woke up to it failing at random.

Thanked by 2raindog308 doghouch
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I think its about time they came out with an auto update system.

Thanked by 1MHS_Marc
  • I wish I had a owned license for whmcs too(mainly because it is cheaper to pay once and not again but with whmcs owned license prices that would be very hard) as I tried my onrahost whmcs license and it said invalid so I am not sure what else to try to get access to the beta.

• GCatGCat Member

Didn't 6.0 come out less than a year ago?

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited July 2016

@GCat said:

Yes it did and curious why they are trying 7.0 now.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Wow the version going fast

• tommytommy Member

Lets talk when it get stable.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited July 2016

@timnboys said:

@GCat said:

Yes it did and curious why they are trying 7.0 now.

Pretty simple: they want funds - i'm not seeing anything worthy of releasing a new major version to be really honest with you.

For all those owned license holders it means more money to upgrade from v6 to v7.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

WHMCS Auto Updater, how to crush your clientbase.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I think they are fast forwarding. I can sense something falling down. :ninja:

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

WHMCS 7 compatible with PHP 7, running in Virtuozzo 7 and coming in 2017.

Seven!!!!

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said:

Order form template replacements, I'd love to hear their idea there. I'm sick of reinstalling my stripe module all the time. I'd be really pissed if I just woke up to it failing at random.

I don't think you'll wake up to a broken installation due to that, as per what they say hte updates are 'click away' suggesting it will be easy from the UI, but not cron based, forceful updates.

WHMCS Auto Updater - In WHMCS 7.0, updates are just a click away. A subtle new update notification will let you know whenever an update is available, wherever you are in the admin area, and when clicked will take you to the all new Automatic Update interface that lets you update WHMCS without ever leaving the WHMCS admin interface.

• GCatGCat Member

Coming soon in 2017..... WHMCS v18.0 released

Thanked by 2zafouhar VirMach

I want support for load balancing in the license. They need to make this happen.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

How about support for dual stack IPv4/IPv6 in the license without opening a ticket? Seems like this should be pretty basic in 2016.

Also maybe fix the issues with the ticketing system that have been around since the 6.2 release (including with the mobile apps)?!

• rds100rds100 Member

jarland said: I want support for load balancing in the license.

What do you mean? That if the server has multiple IPs, WHMCS works only when contacted on one of them? This can be easily solved with DNAT.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@jarland there is a solution to that will pm you shortly as others could misuse it.

• MridulMridul Member

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of WHMCS 7.0 Beta 1.

What's New in WHMCS 7.0?

WHMCS Auto Updater - In WHMCS 7.0, updates are just a click away. A subtle new update notification will let you know whenever an update is available, wherever you are in the admin area, and when clicked will take you to the all new Automatic Update interface that lets you update WHMCS without ever leaving the WHMCS admin interface.

Coupled with the updater are new, easier ways to customise WHOIS Servers, countries and additional domain fields in a way that can be safely maintained through automatic updates.

Spotlight TLDs - Highlight your best selling TLDs and extensions. Proven to increase sales and conversions, now you can select up to 8 of your top selling extensions for display at the top of a new domain lookup experience for customers. Sale groups also allow you to highlight extensions that are New, Hot and on Sale, giving them increased visibility and prominence.

A new, improved and streamlined interface for initiating domain transfers rounds out the domain lookup and purchase area improvements.

PayPal Integration Optimisations - Reducing the number of steps required by end users to complete checkout, now users email addresses will be pre-filled in the PayPal login form along with itemised purchase details being displayed in the PayPal Checkout Experience to minimise buyer uncertainty and increase confidence.

Simple Product Configuration - The new, simpler way to configure products. Supporting cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk, and open to module developers to begin implementing today, simple product configuration allows module developers to provide a simpler and more streamlined user experience for users configuring module parameters by offering a simple mode with support for dynamic fetching of values from a remote service. Now configuring a package is as simple as choosing the desired package name from a dropdown of choices.

Quick Start Setup Wizard - For new users, there's a brand new wizard based experience the first time they login that makes getting up and running with WHMCS simpler, more intuitive, and quicker than ever before. Be ready to begin selling and making money in minutes with WHMCS 7.0.

PHP 7.0 Compatibility - With PHP 5.6 and 7.0 compatibility, WHMCS 7.0 can be run on the latest versions of PHP to deliver maximum performance. As announced previously, WHMCS 7.0 will require PHP 5.6 as a minimum and we are working closely with some of our leading hosting partners to ensure that their systems are ready for WHMCS 7.0. In addition, while Ioncube loaders for PHP 7 remain in beta at this time, we do have open dialog ongoing with Ioncube and are working with them testing and reporting our findings. We join everyone in the PHP community in looking forward to seeing stable loaders for PHP 7.0 as soon as is feasible.

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=116158

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1GalaxyHostPlus
  • His Probably on Edge I see speed improved only few hours delay :)

• MridulMridul Member

@jarland kindly close this thread byddy, didt notice the original one.

@rds100 said:

jarland said: I want support for load balancing in the license.

What do you mean? That if the server has multiple IPs, WHMCS works only when contacted on one of them? This can be easily solved with DNAT.

Basically I want it to work on two separate servers with different IPs. Then just have the two in sync (need fast, low latency of course). License is really the only thing that I'm not sure how to work around.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2016

I have been doing some custom development stuff on v6 and I have been fairly impressed with the support I have been getting. Very technical stuff and they have been pretty good at getting answers for me.

Not too crazy about hearing about v7 already. Upgrading to v6 was a huge PiTA. If the main point is improving updating it would probably be worth it though. It's pretty ugly right now. Especially when there are template updates.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2016

@jarland said:

Gave up. Reverted my installation to 6.0, despite the bugs.

I'm thinking about switching to Hostbill (lifetime). At least it's stable - I don't have to update every month because each update is a new cycle.

(updating removes bugs, but also adds new ones) :(

• @sman said:
    I have been doing some custom development stuff on v6 and I have been fairly impressed with the support I have been getting. Very technical stuff and they have been pretty good at getting answers for me.

Not too crazy about hearing about v7 already. Upgrading to v6 was a huge PiTA. If the main point is improving updating it would probably be worth it though. It's pretty ugly right now. Especially when there are template updates.

I don't know why they keep changing the template variables though. It's 1) pointless and 2) like you said, a pain in the ass.

• Looking forward to the PayPal improvements.