Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Utilizing APNIC Resources outside of APNIC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Utilizing APNIC Resources outside of APNIC

KobeKobe Member
edited July 2016 in General

I've heard conflicting reports about the enforcement of APNIC resources being used in the RIPE and ARIN region.

Some people are telling me that APNIC resources can't be used outside of APNIC. Other people tell me nobody could care less.

Can anyone give a definitive answer ad to whether if we can use APNIC resources outside of APNIC and for servers hosted in places like Canada?

I really want to use APNIC IPv6 for Tunnelbroker.

Comments

• De jure no, de facto sometimes yes, just depends on the ISP...

APNIC's enforcement of their policy is just not strict enough.

• As per my understading, organizations/memeber located outside the APNIC service region must use their resources delegated by APNIC only in APNIC service region.

Organizations located within the APNIC service region can use resources out of region.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

APNIC allows to use resource outside APNIC region if your company is registered in APNIC region.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • I know someone here coloing his server @NY using ApNIC ips

• indiavps said: As per my understading, organizations/memeber located outside the APNIC service region must use their resources delegated by APNIC only in APNIC service region.

Organizations located within the APNIC service region can use resources out of region.

Correct, this is the current APNIC stance and i doubt it changes.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Now if only RIPE enforced such a policy and allowed renting of smaller subnets, we might not be down to the last /8...

• linuxthefish said: Now if only RIPE enforced such a policy and allowed renting of smaller subnets, we might not be down to the last /8...

If you don't like it propose a change to the IP assignment working group and vote for it with your LIR... oh wait.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@linuxthefish said:
    Now if only RIPE enforced such a policy and allowed renting of smaller subnets, we might not be down to the last /8...

That wouldn't help in any way, same with APNIC or ARIN btw, since the mentioned have intra-RIR transfer policies anyway, and RIPE for that matter has some extremely relaxed one.