Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

minivps.us new management
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

minivps.us new management

I've just received mail from "new management" of minivps.us.

MiniVPS
To whom it may concern,

We have acquired a rack of servers from the previous company, and I apoligize for any disruptions that you may have suffered as we took control of the servers and assessed them.

First, I want to point out to all of our customers that we DO NOT tolerate spam, phish websites, DOS, DDOS, or anything else that can affect our network or other people negatively.

Depending on the severity of the violation, your server may be suspended and you will be told why when it is suspended. The message will also detail if you can appeal, and how long (typically 48 hours) to appeal.

We do allow people to host game servers, use vnc to their servers, run X windows + firefox, host websites, etc. If you are concerned, open a ticket.

Secondly, we will be repurposing servers for other uses. I strongly recommend each and every one of you to back up your data. We will be moving people around to different IP ranges soon.
There is a huge ticket backlog thanks to the former company. If you opened a ticket before and do not get a response in a day or two, please open it again.
We will start moving services around in a day or two. Many of you will get new IP addresses and will be moved to a different server.

Third, we are not focusing on hosting VPS's right now. So once again, back up your data. I will see what I can do about letting current customers serve out their plans - but I cannot make any promises or guarantees.
Also some plans will not allow auto renew anymore, so do not count on being able to renew your plan. Contact us via ticket if you want to discuss staying on board with us.

We may allow people to buy VPS's again in the future, but right now our focus is on consolidation of assets.

Last but not least, if you want to contact us and discuss your service, concerns, etc - please open a ticket.

Thanks,
Management
< br />P.s. Sorry for some people getting a duplicate of this email. I'm still learning how the system works.

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Jeez, sounds like a mess, not being rude here

" I will see what I can do about letting current customers serve out their plans - but I cannot make any promises or guarantees."

"Secondly, we will be repurposing servers for other uses. I strongly recommend each and every one of you to back up your data"

Not a mess, but a panic rush. It's in a way saying that your VPS might disappear in the next days and that you should back it up now to prevent data loss

Thanked by 2ATHK perryoo11
  • @theqkash said:
    Sorry for some people getting a duplicate of this email. I'm still learning how the system works.

Apparently there isn't a need to start a summerhost anymore, you just need to have tons of money to acquire another summerhost.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited July 2016

@SSDBlaze said:
    Jeez, sounds like a mess, not being rude here

" I will see what I can do about letting current customers serve out their plans - but I cannot make any promises or guarantees."

"Secondly, we will be repurposing servers for other uses. I strongly recommend each and every one of you to back up your data"

Not a mess, but a panic rush. It's in a way saying that your VPS might disappear in the next days and that you should back it up now to prevent data loss

We do allow people to host game servers, use vnc to their servers, run X windows + firefox, host websites, etc So you pretty much can't host anything?

Edit: misread

This sounds almost like Jordan from nexhost acting as if he's doing you a favour by taking your money... jump ship immediately and request a refund for remaining time tbh.

Seems like a total shambles to say the least.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2016

Who used to run minivps.us then, the website does not even specify the location of the servers haha.

edit: never mind did some reading, I also seriously doubt that they had an entire rack of servers haha.

• ATHKATHK Member

That email is an unprofessional joke.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • Their tinpot website only lists one server on the "Server Status" page so I doubt too many people will be inconvenienced by this.

• So in basic the guy bought the company and is deadpooling it at the same time. lol.

Thanked by 1Hassan