Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets Play Fix the 5.2 WHMCS Code
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lets Play Fix the 5.2 WHMCS Code

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited March 2013 in General

Code snippet from WHMCS broke when they nuked dbconnect.php, but replacing init.php does not fix things.. Any ideas? Also anyone know what to pull to get the actual news links?

include("/home/blargh/public_html/whmcs/init.php");
include("/home/blargh/public_html/whmcs/includes/functions.php");
$query = "SELECT * FROM tblannouncements WHERE published='on' ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 0,3";
$result = mysql_query($query);
while ($data = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
$id = $data["id"];
$date = $data["date"];
$title = $data["title"];
$announcement = $data["announcement"];
$url = $data["url"];
$date = fromMySQLDate($date);
echo '<p><font color="#cccccc">'.$date.'</font> - <b>'.$title.'</b><br />';
echo '<ul class="features"> <h5>'.$date.'</h5><li>'.$title.'</li></ul>'
;

Comments

• We aren't supposed to give you hints related to the game you're playing!

• Comment out functions.php.

Please read the release information: http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_5.2_Release_Notes#Upgrade_Steps

• BayuBayu Member
    edited March 2013

maybe it would be better using "open source" version of whmcs :p

• Thanks did not even think about removing that second include.

• If WHMCS would work fine and not be such a piece of garbage I would not complain, but this is getting annoying.

After all it's $18/mo software, don't think people should complain who use it.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Bayu said: maybe it would be better using "open source" version of whmcs :p

Is there any?

• Fix 5.2? Yes:

mysqldump whmcs_database
    rm -rf /home/whmcs
    tar xvzf whmcs-5.1.tar.gz /home/whmcs

annnd done.

@BronzeByte said: After all it's $18/mo software, don't think people should complain who use it.

Huh?

• When you pay 300$ for the software and then 50$ each year after, you have every right to complain about it.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited March 2013

I assume you're filthy rich and $18 doesn't quite seem like 'money' to you.

Regardless of the price, people expect something they're actually paying for to work -- otherwise it's just a waste of resources.

Ah well.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Wintereise said: I assume you're filthy rich and $18 doesn't quite seem like 'money' to you.

I'm neither filthy rich nor consider $18 a significant amount of money, but I've better things to do with $18 than pay for things that don't work, so agreed ;)

• Hey guys, let's ditch WHMCS and run purely by manual order processing and 'gifting' PayPal! Quick! Make one of them fancy PHP contact / order forms. We could even use some JS to validate client-side!

Teething problems; every update has them. You're not 'forced' to upgrade to the latest version, they don't reveal the exploit info for a while, which gives them time to fix their broken code.

@Soluslabs released their module pretty quickly. We'll be upgrading once our Theme guy comes back off Vacation.