Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap yearly storage in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap yearly storage in EU

Looking to mirror the files from my storage with Time4VPS to another server just in case :P

I am looking for something as pricy as Time4VPS and in EU with the following specs:

300-500gb HDD
BW @100 mbits (or more) Unmetered or 1-2TB bw per month
Price: ~20 € per year

It is not urgent so I will not commit to a special offer right away just interested what is out there on the market :)

Comments

• MadMad Member

Take a Kimsufi and use it as backup storage.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

kimsufi!!!!

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2016

@andreamada said:

@bacloud

Thought about that, too. But even their cheapest Servers (5€/mo) are way more expensive than a 20€/year deal (which on top I am highly satisfied with).

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2016

I guess no one are able to compete with them in TB per Dollar ratio at this moment in Europe. ZXHost used to offer 1TB more powerfull unmetered VPS in similar price range though. I realize it's way far from what you are looking for now, but LiteServer 200GB/2TB €23 (with VPS15OFF code) VPS in NL is probably the closest option.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@bersy said:
    I guess no one are able to compete with them in TB per Dollar ratio at this moment in Europe. ZXHost used to offer 1TB more powerfull unmetered VPS in similar price range though. I realize it's way far from what you are looking for now, but LiteServer 200GB/2TB €23 (with VPS15OFF code) VPS in NL is probably the closest option.

LiteServer offers dont look too bad :) Thanks! Will consider em!

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

@bersy,
    Thanks for mentioning us! :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • fLoofLoo Member

For hot-storage i prefer going with Hetzner "ServerBoerse.de" 4x4 TB Raid 5 for ~ 50 €. Thats about 11 TB more or less "save" storage. to get that would need ~ 8-9 Kimsufi 2 T which are available for about 8-10 € per month with raid6 over network. So i prefer my Gbit speed with one server :)

• bersybersy Member

good for you

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited July 2016

@bersy said:
    good for you

We're a bit cocky arent we ? :-)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@fLoo said:
    For hot-storage i prefer going with Hetzner "ServerBoerse.de" 4x4 TB Raid 5 for ~ 50 €. Thats about 11 TB more or less "save" storage. to get that would need ~ 8-9 Kimsufi 2 T which are available for about 8-10 € per month with raid6 over network. So i prefer my Gbit speed with one server :)

Sure Hetzner has some great deals but I simply have no need for this much resources nor am I looking to spend this much money xD

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2016

fLoo said: We're a bit cocky arent we ? :-)

If you say so.

• @andreamada said:

This is the logical answer: a single disk's worth of redundancy for backing up a RAID6 backed file collection.

(I am always able to max out GRA<->time4vps at 100Mbps)

Thanked by 1Mad
  • LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

Those lowend Kimsufi/Hetzner can be nice when you just need a ton of storage.
    But when I/O performance is also important, you're better of with a VPS. Most hosting companies have their VPS storage platforms running on a SSD Cached array, which makes a huge performance difference compared to just a bunch of SATA (5400rpm?) drives.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2016

@LiteServer said:
    Those lowend Kimsufi/Hetzner can be nice when you just need a ton of storage.
    But when I/O performance is also important, you're better of with a VPS. Most hosting companies have their VPS storage platforms running on a SSD Cached array, which makes a huge performance difference compared to just a bunch of SATA (5400rpm?) drives.

This + reconsidering 100gb storage would be enough for me probably^^

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

You may ask @AshleyUk (ZXHost) for a custom storage plan. I do have two servers with them and both are running very reliable. And support is great; if you should need it. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker