Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeServ - 7 month review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeServ - 7 month review

AdamMAdamM Member

I am not too active in posting at LET, but I am a frequent visitor. I wanted to post a short review of Nodserv.

I ended up signing up for NodeServ after Crissic was acquired, as most of my users are in Florida. As a whole, I find NodeServ to be better than Crissic on all fronts. While I liked Crissic, my Crissic nodes had a tendancy to reboot unexpectedly.

I have 6 OpenVZ VPSs with NodeServ ranging between 512 - 1GB. Only tiny problems with them, which they quickly responded to. For example, when one of my vps's was running a little spotty, they quickly moved my VPS to another node. Problem solved!

One thing that is different about NodeServ is they have a strict AUP. Some will not like this, but I do like this. It gives me confidence to know that services that cause abuse will not be tolerated.

Their prices are great. And give you quite a lot of VPS for your buck. If you have never given NodeServ a spin, I would recommend you do.

Comments

• dailydaily Member

Any benchmark results you could share with us?

• AdamMAdamM Member

No benchmarks. I don't have high confidence with benchmarks. They may not always test things that are important. The only "benchmark" I have is that the have lived up to my expectations in terms of web/io performance... That is not scientfic, but argueably the only thing that matters in the low end VPS world

Thanked by 1Mathias
  • hyndshynds Member

@daily said:
    Any benchmark results you could share with us?

Like this, anymore info?

• AdamMAdamM Member

Here is an uptime on one of my VPSs , would be longer, except I rebooted a few times:

uptime
    22:40:05 up 202 days, 5:54, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• AdamMAdamM Member

@daily said: Any benchmark results you could share with us? Like this, anymore info?

I am not able to provide any actual benchmarks. I am sure they are not as fast as other providers who may target that audience. The only thing I can really say is that I have ha a good experience with them as a low end provider. The VPSs stay up, the support is fast, their prices are good.

• EricBEricB Member

Would you mind doing a cat /proc/cpuinfo for us?

• AdamMAdamM Member

processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 44
    model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
    stepping : 2
    microcode : 26
    cpu MHz : 2666.599
    cache size : 12288 KB
    physical id : 1
    siblings : 6
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 6
    apicid : 32
    initial apicid : 32
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 11
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes lahf_lm arat epb dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
    bogomips : 5333.19
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor : 1
    physical id : 0
    core id : 0
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes lahf_lm arat epb dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
    bogomips : 5333.23
    power management:

processor : 2
    physical id : 0
    core id : 8
    apicid : 16
    initial apicid : 16
    bogomips : 5333.23
    power management:

processor : 3
    physical id : 1
    core id : 8
    apicid : 48
    initial apicid : 48
    bogomips : 5333.19
    power management:

• thagoatthagoat Member
    edited July 2016

Nice. Been with @Jade_G about 2 and a half years now.
    Rock solid service.
    Great support.
    Beautiful call girls.
    Couldn't be happier =)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AdamM said: No benchmarks. I don't have high confidence with benchmarks. They may not always test things that are important. The only "benchmark" I have is that the have lived up to my expectations in terms of web/io performance... That is not scientfic, but argueably the only thing that matters in the low end VPS world

Amen, brother.

• yomeroyomero Member

No new offers here since the past year.

Anyway, their links of the last thread still work.

• AcacyAcacy Member

i am satisfied with their limited offer last time 100GB HDD, 512MB Ram for 13$/year . Good uptime no doubt for their support.

• LuanTLuanT Member

@Acacy said:
    i am satisfied with their limited offer last time 100GB HDD, 512MB Ram for 13$/year . Good uptime no doubt for their support.

Do you have promotion link?

• AcacyAcacy Member

@LuanT said:

@Acacy said:

Do you have promotion link?

offer finish already but still you can get their special offers in in here
    https://billing.nodeserv.com/cart.php?gid=3

hope you are interested

Thanked by 1LuanT
  • Jade_GJade_G Member

@AdamM said:

We appreciate you enjoying and having a positive experience with us. If there is anything we can do for you at all in the future please do not hesitate to just drop in a support ticket and we'll get it sorted out for you.

@thagoat said:
    Nice. Been with @Jade_G about 2 and a half years now.
    Rock solid service
    Great support.
    Beautiful call girls.
    Couldn't be happier =)

Thanks for the support, we look forward to having you for a long time :)

As for everyone who was wondering about a recent offer, we will be posting a new offer here just working out some kinks in the ad and it'll be up. Keep an eye out on some DDoS protected bundles here on LET.

Thanked by 1Mathias