Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TigerVNC & FireFox Problem in CentOS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TigerVNC & FireFox Problem in CentOS

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I was running TigerVNC on some OpenVZ Box with Firefox. On several boxes, it works flawlessly without one. On a 512 MB Ram & 1 Core of E5645, it's running well. Then, I installed these on a 3 GB Ram & 1 Core of E3-1270 v5 OpenVZ Box.

It got installed pretty well but when I log in via TigerVNC & click on Firefox, after 20-25 second, firefox gets closed automatically. When I again open it, it shows, it shut down unexpectedly & wants to restore the tabs. And then again, it closes automatically after 20 seconds. Firstly, I was trying with CentOS 6 64 Bit. The problem persisted. Then, I thought to do a fresh install of CentOS 7 64 Bit & try again. I'm facing the same problem with this too.

Is there any way to debug what is causing the problem ?? Could it be a OS Template Problem ?? Or, Kernel of the Node or, v5 Processor ??

Thanks !

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If you run this command:

dmesg | tail

after a Firefox crash, is there a crash log entry?

• tommytommy Member

or better running firefox from terminal, all error log will shown on your terminal

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    If you run this command:

dmesg | tail

after a Firefox crash, is there a crash log entry?
    @tommy said:
    or better running firefox from terminal, all error log will shown on your terminal

Upon getting no clue, I opened a ticket with the Provider & surprisingly they said that they have a script running which auto-closes firefox because some users cause extensive load on node by FireFox & they whitelisted My Box & Now I can see firefox isn't closing now :3

Thanked by 1PandaRain