Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OnePage vs MultiPage layouts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OnePage vs MultiPage layouts?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited July 2016 in General

Hello there,
I'm a webdev rookie and looking to create a sample page/template for a hosting company with only HTML, CSS, JS and utilizing Bootstrap to make things nice :)

Now I am stuck with the question wheter to go with a OnePage layout or MultiPage? Personally, I do prefer multiple pages but OnePage seems to be a trend nowadays aswell, huh?

Taggin' @MrGeneral :D

Thanked by 1MikePT
OnePage vs MultiPage Layout
  1. Do you prefer OnePage or MultiPage layouts?42 votes
    1. OnePage Layout
      26.19%
    2. MultiPage Layout
      73.81%

Comments

• MultiPage is still popular for SEO so you can target different keywords through different pages in search engines.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I was never a big fan of OnePage layouts, seemed the lazy way to go on about making a website.

• I'm 50/50 between the two, depends on purpose. No matter what, just don't scrolljack, and I feel that it will be fine.

Good luck! When you're done, feel free to hit me up with a PM if you need comments or feedback. :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    I'm 50/50 between the two, depends on purpose. No matter what, just don't scrolljack, and I feel that it will be fine.

Good luck! When you're done, feel free to hit me up with a PM if you need comments or feedback. :)

Haha thanks mate will try :)
    Oh and I will definitly let you know once I am done^^ The finished template will also be on my GitHub for reference and individual use^^

@MissFortune Weren't you also into webdev? Would love to have your input on this aswell^^

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hehehe!

It really depends on purpose.

E.g. Design Agencies mostly use OnePage designs, while corporate websites use MultiPage.

I'm a big fan of OnePage though!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@MrGeneral said:
    Hehehe!

E.g. Design Agencies mostly use OnePage designs, while corporate websites use MultiPage.

And here I am trapped in my indecisiveness not knowing which challenge to take haha :D

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • OnePage is used to impress viewers, if you're promoting designs, pictures, renting services (apps/lands...).
    MultiPage is for information-wise. A hosting company should just go with multipage.

• Get started on the content first. If it allows you to use a onepager, go for that. No need to use multiple pages if you don't have that much to say/show. Once you further develop your site you can always "expand" and rework it to a multiplage design. Make sure your onepager doesn't get too big though. In terms of size. Make sure it'll load fast. In terms of scrolling. People are lazy. Make sure they don't have to scroll up/down and vice versa to get to the info they wanna read.

Once you're done, get a total internet noob to review it. It'll open your eyes :).

• noamannoaman Member

@Ympker said:
    Hello there,
    I'm a webdev rookie and looking to create a sample page/template for a hosting company with only HTML, CSS, JS and utilizing Bootstrap to make things nice :)

Now I am stuck with the question wheter to go with a OnePage layout or MultiPage? Personally, I do prefer multiple pages but OnePage seems to be a trend nowadays aswell, huh?

Multi pages should be good....why load extra html.css and images when user doesnt need them right?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:
    Hello there,

Multi pages should be good....why load extra html.css and images when user doesnt need them right?

Well even for OnePage you could always use LazyLoad :P

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Both have their pros and cons - it depends on the website.

• Forget trendy and go for usability. Content is king. For a hosting company, visitors want to be able to compare and contrast your offerings. An example of a multi-page site that uses a bad one-page technique to do that is RamNode (you can switch the view between OpenVZ and KVM, but not easily view the two alternatives side by side). So no matter what you choose for the overall structure of the site, be sure that you make it easy to support the customers goals in using it.

Thanked by 2Ympker ManofServer
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • noamannoaman Member

@Ympker said:

@noaman said:

@Ympker said:
    Hello there,

Well even for OnePage you could always use LazyLoad :P

Still...extra html and css is loaded right?..

• @khuongcomputer said:
    OnePage is used to impress viewers, if you're promoting designs, pictures, renting services (apps/lands...).
    MultiPage is for information-wise. A hosting company should just go with multipage.

Indeed, I did a small test and multipage yielded a better conversion rate than the onepage design. Depends on the niche of course, but I'd guess more often than not, multipage would be better for your visitors (except in design/marketing agencies).

• @MrGeneral said:
    Hehehe!

Any personal results/stats regarding SEO/ranks for OnePage sites ?

• Multipage definitely. I have not seen a good onepage website yet.

Thanked by 2Ympker Ole_Juul