Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM down again? =(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM down again? =(

RophRoph Member
edited March 2013 in General

Sadly this seems to be a recurring problem.

Can't ping buyvm.net, no route to host on their IRC, oddly my LV vps responds to ping but that's it.

Comments

• +1 here.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited March 2013

If your VPS is up and online, then what'cha bitchin about. :-)

Edit: "oddly my LV vps responds to ping but that's it.", so you cannot access it?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • raidzraidz Member

Mine are down, irritating

• RophRoph Member

@Jacob said: Edit: "oddly my LV vps responds to ping but that's it.", so you cannot access it?

Ping response is the only thing it'll do. Anything (ssh, ftp, http, znc) times out. I thought it might have been just my VPS, though I see their stuff is down when I go to manage it :(

• VPS down, management panel down. :\

• orditeckorditeck Member
    edited March 2013

http://buyvmstatus.com/live

Mine is still ok in New-York, it seems like a problem in Las Vegas
    @Francisco told me that they're adding more servers there this week, maybe they are doing that right now ?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

omg thats a lot of offline nodes :/

• LAKidLAKid Member

I wonder what would be their excuse this time, probably running out of excuse, will see.

Let me says something someone can say now:

ohhh please go to they filthy IRC and ask there, this is not a buyvm support forum

hahaha

• The LV prefixes disappeared from the global BGP table. Interesting enough buyvmstatus shows some of the nodes as up, although they are not (not reachable). Probably buyvmstatus is broken somehow.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@LAKid said: probably running out of excuse

But not running out of my loyalty :P

Francisco knows what he's doing better than most people.

seems that LV nodes are all down isnt it?

• Back up, at least pings now.

• I'm somewhat glad that I'm moving out end of this month. Things have been very unreliable lately :(

• :| well whole lv stack seems to be down :( my kvm included :| ny is fine without a glitch

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@netomx said: seems that LV nodes are all down isnt it?

I've been working in a shell on one my LV OvZ nodes periodically over the last hour with no interruptions, and it continues to work now.

• It seems only odd IPs are pingable. My guess is they have some weird load balancing setup over two links, and one of the links went dead without the upstream router knowing and thus killing half of their network.

• support123support123 Member
    edited March 2013

They are getting issues in LV nodes mostly,bad luck

@raindog308 said: I've been working in a shell on one my LV OvZ nodes periodically over the last hour with no interruptions, and it continues to work now.

i have leave the page LIVE and enter the normal one and I see that. Almost all LV went down? Except yours obviously. Seems fsck is running on some nodes

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@CurtisG

Also his some other websites are down like http://CentralVPS.com and all other 5 website.

Again migrating to other city?

• MauriceMaurice Member
    edited March 2013

Works for me now. Wasn't too big of a downtime for me to get upset though.

Edit: down again :\

• @netomx no, it's a network problem. If XOR(last bit of source IP, last bit of destination IP) = 1 - it works, if 0 - don't work.

@rds100 said: @netomx no, it's a network problem. If XOR(last bit of source IP, last bit of destination IP) = 1 - it works, if 0 - don't work.

thx for the explanation

• It's been said before, but just reiterating, my NY VPS is still ticking away.

• Back online

• @DStrout I can confirm. NY VPS is up 33 days. No connection problems.
    Good to have a @NodePing account - i did not noticed that peak:

Time Location Run Time Response Result

2013/03/13 21:21:25 RO 139 200 PASS
    2013/03/13 21:15:57 RO 417 200 PASS
    2013/03/13 21:12:57 RO 430 200 PASS
    2013/03/13 21:09:57 RO 413 200 PASS
    2013/03/13 21:06:57 RO 1083 200 PASS
    2013/03/13 21:03:57 RO 394 200 PASS
    2013/03/13 21:01:00 RO 435 200 PASS

• manmamanma Member

What was that, like 30 seconds of "downtime"? No need to make a thread every time you can't reach your VPS. It isn't a real problem until it goes on hours on end.

• raidzraidz Member

More like 30 minutes...

• My VPS at ny-node01 is down now...