Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS and MYSQL v5.6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS and MYSQL v5.6

Hello guys,

Does anyone know if WHMCS and MYSQL v5.6 work fine with each other or any issues to note? WHMCS says the recommended version is MYSQL v5.5.

Thanks.

Comments

• Yes, works fine.

Thanked by 2zafouhar doghouch
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Yes, works fine.

Cool! do you also happen to know how much times you can reset the whmcs license from their client area per day?

• @zafouhar said:

@linuxthefish said:
    Yes, works fine.

Cool! do you also happen to know how much times you can reset the whmcs license from their client area per day?

Why would you want to do that?

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited July 2016

@doghouch said:

@zafouhar said:

@linuxthefish said:
    Yes, works fine.

Why would you want to do that?

Just testing some stuff and need to revert from the old vps the new vps and vice-versa because i'm having some issues with my theme and testing what the issue is.

Edit: just to clarify theme works fine on old vps, theme doesn't work on new vps

• I don't think they limit the # of times you reissue your license. I just tried a few times on my license, still works fine =)

• @doghouch said:
    I don't think they limit the # of times you reissue your license. I just tried a few times on my license, still works fine =)

Lol cool, better get back to testing then

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • zafouhar said: Hello guys,

Does anyone know if WHMCS and MYSQL v5.6 work fine with each other or any issues to note? WHMCS says the recommended version is MYSQL v5.5.

Thanks.

Works fine with MySQL 5.6, MariaDB 5.6, MariaDB 10.0 and MariaDB 10.1.

• nockernocker Member

work very well

• ElnarRElnarR Member

We use last version of WHMCS with MYSQL v5.6 and do not have any problems.

• rds100rds100 Member

zafouhar said: Just testing some stuff and need to revert from the old vps the new vps and vice-versa because i'm having some issues with my theme and testing what the issue is.

Get a dev license, it's free. Don't do experiments on your production system.

• @rds100 said:

zafouhar said: Just testing some stuff and need to revert from the old vps the new vps and vice-versa because i'm having some issues with my theme and testing what the issue is.

Get a dev license, it's free. Don't do experiments on your production system.

True yes but couldn't wait for WHMCS to reply next year :p

• Got my dev licenses always in a few hours. And yeah WHMCS running fine with current MariaDB and other MySQL versions from what i can tell.

• @OnSebastian said:
    Got my dev licenses always in a few hours. And yeah WHMCS running fine with current MariaDB and other MySQL versions from what i can tell.

Yeah the upgrade went fine here aswell

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

zafouhar said: True yes but couldn't wait for WHMCS to reply next year :p

Licensing responds in <1h usually.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited July 2016

@Clouvider said:

zafouhar said: True yes but couldn't wait for WHMCS to reply next year :p

Licensing responds in <1h usually.

Honestly I didn't try them, what I know is that a support ticket I submitted yesterday was replied to today :) not complaining or anything because it was weekend but just informing

• StackNetworkStackNetwork Member, Host Rep

No need to worry. Its working fine without any issues. We have implemented it on lot of servers.