Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone tried Vultr?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone tried Vultr?

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hey,

Did anyone tried Vultr?

Does it have Raid?

Is it premium?

Comments

• dailydaily Member
    edited July 2016

i know you're trying to be cute, but you aren't.

• @Neoon said:
    Hey,

Did anyone tried Vultr?

Does it have Raid?

Is it premium?

Yes, honestly its a stable service.

• It's the best provider, ranked world no. 1. Better than DO or AWS.

• AmitzAmitz Member

They own OVH, they must be good.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Neoon said: Did anyone tried Vultr?

Yes, there are people who have.

Thanked by 1loot
  • ATHKATHK Member

Vultr Sydney AU was horrible 6 months ago, not sure about now.

That first experience left a salty taste in my mouth and I'll never go with them again.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

Yes, I did bgp peering with them via one of the vps. Great service with no downtime.

• I feel like this is an LET meme/joke thread?

But if not I use it for gaming and Windows Server (custom ISO), it's good.

• Who?

• kaflokaflo Member

I think Vultr is going for the DigitalOcean or Linode vibe.

You know sometimes you really have to try it to know what's up.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@Amitz said:
    They own OVH, they must be good.

Really?

• I like DO rathen than vultr.

• Hi,

This is Lahiru. Vultr tech support.

We are good

Windows thx.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog cassa
  • @sdglhm said:
    Hi,

This is Lahiru. Vultr tech support.

We are good

Windows thx.

Trying to figure out if making fun of outsourced support or if trying to make a different point there...

Thanked by 3hawc cassa aglodek
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Switched to DO but that's just me :P

• elgselgs Member

I have been using a VPS in Japan with Vultr for years. They have great network performance and great support.

• trvztrvz Member

Vultr is a bunch of incompetents I'm using 300TB bandwidth every month and they don't manage to invoice me for it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

trvz said: I'm using 300TB bandwidth every month and they don't manage to invoice me for it.

Welcome to LET, where people are complaining even about getting something for free.

• stasistasi Member

hello,

I am using the NL location and they are quite good. No downtimes for now (since a few months) and the support is responding damn quick.

• KodisKodis Member

For me one of the best provider's.
    I'm using London location.
    started using Vultr since Nov 17 2014

Fair price, good quality.
    it's like Digitalocean
    and also has good referral program also.

• myhkenmyhken Member

I have used them since February 2014, and my two main VPS servers has been online since then. One in Amsterdam and one in France.

If you use my aff.link in my signature you get $20 in free credit you can use to test them.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

myhken said: If you use my aff.link in my signature you get $20 in free credit you can use to test them.

Or one could just use their standard coupon and get $50.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • JarryJarry Member

@trvz said:
    Vultr is a bunch of incompetents I'm using 300TB bandwidth every month and they don't manage to invoice me for it.

Your vps must be running constantly 24/7 at full 1gbit/s speed to reach 300TB/month:

1gbit/s = 0.125GB/s = 450GB/h = 10800GB/d = 324000GB/m ~= 316.4TB/m

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @Jarry said:

@trvz said:

Your vps must be running constantly 24/7 at full 1gbit/s speed to reach 300TB/month:

1gbit/s = 0.125GB/s = 450GB/h = 10800GB/d = 324000GB/m ~= 316.4TB/m

he's probably torrenting those free linux iso's

• Is Vultr still providing their VPS without any RAID storage at all?

Still can't find any information regarding RAID on their website, that's most likely the main problem with Vultr if they still have VPS without RAID.

• NikkiNikki Member

Not so much the hardware as the reboots of hardware nodes for unspecified "issues", the network outages, and general performance of some of their lesser-used products (Storage instances that have 800-1500ms response time on IO, that is seen as "fine" or blamed on you)

In general, unless you want a server that's just there for general development/testing ($5/m 768 works great for that), don't.

Thanked by 2cassa aglodek
  • filefile Member

Even for development it'd be better to spend the extra $2 and get a 2GB E3 KVM from Fran unless you want something instant.

• thatixthatix Member

Tried Vultr in Tokyo location(few alternative options of Linode while the local provider are not willing to provide service for foreigners)
    Can only say not bad , I guess their so-called 10 Gbps uplink for each node are 10Gbps of NTT stuff tho, very poor connection to my ISP even they are directly peered

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jarry said: 1gbit/s = 0.125GB/s = 450GB/h = 10800GB/d = 324000GB/m ~= 316.4TB/m

Thanked by 1cassa