Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue with GestionDBI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issue with GestionDBI

hacktekhacktek Member
edited July 2016 in Providers

Created an account and paid for a VPS yesterday and it still hasn't been provisioned. Emailed billing and have gotten nothing back.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

How long have you waited?

• hacktekhacktek Member
    edited July 2016

Over 24 hours at this point. Don't think I've ever had to wait this long for a vps to be provisioned.

Edit: checked email, paid around this time gmt-6:

Wed, Jul 13, 2016, 10:52 AM

• It's all set now.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Wow. I got nothing to say out of seriously?

Billing ticket are handled by sales staff and myself when they need help and only from M-F 9-17.

Next time, try to wait a bit longer or contact the host in private maybe?

Thanked by 2Demo doughmanes
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

David has been busy and LET isn't anything but just a forum... My services with David are online and rocking on.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Much free advertising for @DavidGestionDBI. 10/10 guys.

Anyway, my services are running fine, as per usual.

• OH NO 2 minutes have passed and my host isn't answering me. OMG they deadpooled I am sure of that, 2 minutes is too much.

Thanked by 1perryoo11
  • Much saltyness here.

Almost 36 hours went by with no response after payment. Billing ticket was opened during staffed hours as well.

It wasn't 2 minutes, although the general expectation set on this community with pretty much every single provider at this point is that you pay and you get a server auto provisioned instantly, so getting details in 2 minutes isn't really that far off for an OpenVZ container. How long would you wait at a McDonald's drive thru and say nothing when they typically serve you in 5 minutes? Probably not 36 hours.

If it's a delay caused by the payment method used or if the average response is now higher due to some unforeseen circumstance, then the expectation should really be set with customers that things are gonna take longer. That's basic customer service imho.

In any case, server's working fine.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

How much did you pay ?

• edited July 2016

Instant provision? Only happened with 1 of my servers. But then when I'm paying $5-$15 a year I can understand if it takes a day or two to turn up my server. They've got bigger paying customers that need priority. I'm cool with that. It's not high NaCl levels, its realistic expectations. I'd like it right, and cheap so I'll wait on the fast part.

And on the McDonald's comment, I wouldn't drive to Walmart to register my complaint. They don't have any control over McDonalds.

SonOfAMotherlessGoat said: And on the McDonald's comment, I wouldn't drive to Walmart to register my complaint. They don't have any control over McDonalds.

You nailed it :)

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

And in the meantime my 4$/y vps with dedicated IP from them has an uptime of 100% for the entirety of 2016.

Shame on you, GestionDBI.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

SonOfAMotherlessGoat said: And on the McDonald's comment, I wouldn't drive to Walmart to register my complaint.

(looks around)

Yeah. Walmart. Fair comparison.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • edited July 2016

@raindog308 Totally wasn't my intended comparison, lol. But you understand what I intended to mean hopefully...

@hostdare Mind if I DM you a long term server request?

• BradNDBradND Member

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Wow. I got nothing to say out of seriously?

Billing ticket are handled by sales staff and myself when they need help and only from M-F 9-17.

Next time, try to wait a bit longer or contact the host in private maybe?

Anymore information on the past issue with your client area or are the imaginary lawyers still telling you to not say anything?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Help help, call 911, there's been a thread-jacking!! (Sorry, since I've already been called a dick today I guess I'll play the part.)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@hacktek said:
    Much saltyness here.

Almost 36 hours

Would like to see where you get your 36 hours? The ticket was created around lunch hour and get answered in the evening.

Anyway, thanks for the publicity and now I'm hungry...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

SonOfAMotherlessGoat said: @raindog308 Totally wasn't my intended comparison, lol. But you understand what I intended to mean hopefully...

I was agreeing with you :-)

Thanked by 1Junkless

SonOfAMotherlessGoat said: @hostdare Mind if I DM you a long term server request?

Sure,let me know by pm