Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free server monitoring offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free server monitoring offer

NodePingNodePing Member
edited March 2013 in Offers

We'd like to extend to everyone here at LET an offer we've made to a few members of the community in the past.
We'll give a free Starter server monitoring account at NodePing (https://nodeping.com) to those who are willing to put up a link to our service on the server-related websites they control.

Starter account includes:
5 monitors at 1 minute check intervals
Unlimited international SMS, email, and twitter notifications
Unlimited contacts and users
Full REST API
Probe servers in North America and Europe

Why?
Server monitoring is a pretty crowded market and we're having a difficult time standing out. We'd like to build name recognition, and the audience for the kinds of sites controlled by the LET community is central to our audience as well.

How do I sign up?
Sign up for a free trial at NodePing (https://nodeping.com) and if you like the service, put some links up on the various server-related websites you control and send me an email or PM with the URLs asking for the free 'Starter' deal and I'll set your account as 'Free'.

Many thanks to the LET community for everything and to Chief who approved the posting of this offer.

Comments

• I have a nodeping account, real good stuff. I missed their old pricing by one day though :(

• @Spencer said: I have a nodeping account, real good stuff.

Thanks @Spencer. We're glad you like it.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Can we get discount on the Business plan instead?

• @shovenose said: Can we get discount on the Business plan instead?

If the Business plan is a better fit for you, I can give you the 'Starter' price discount towards that, yes.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

+1 for NodePing. Don't forget to subscribe to their blog so you can be informed of IP changes for their monitors (got bit once before on that).

• @KuJoe said: +1 for NodePing.

Thanks for the +1, @KuJoe. Our probe server ips don't change very often but when they do, you need to know.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Definitely replacing Pingdom with NodePing. Simple, effective, capable.

• Bah, I don't control any 'server related' sites, but I'll definitely give this a try. My pingdom stuff is expiring soon.

• flyfly Member

typo in the "last 5 results area":

This list might be out of synch with the primary status display by a few seconds.

• @fly said: typo in the "last 5 results area":

Thanks for spotting that. We'll get it fixed.

• flyfly Member

np. I'm liking it so far.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@NodePing Mind if I share this thread to spread the word?

• @KuJoe said: @NodePing Mind if I share this thread to spread the word?

Feel free to share with any relevant sites you think may benefit. Thanks!

• Just signed up for the trial. Another alternative for my servers monitoring!

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I just happened upon NodePing a few months back while trying (very hard) to find a cheap 3rd party monitoring system. The fact that their plan (only had one back then) including unlimited phone calls was a huge plus. Texts don't wake me up, but that incredibly annoying phonecall is clutch when I'm off in REM land.

The only thing lacking from NodePing is a public status page. Their individual server status pages are great, but a collective one would make their offerings essentially unbeatable.

Also I appreciate their business at RamNode :D

• @seikan said: Another alternative for my servers monitoring!

Just set your account to 'free'. Thanks for spreading the word!

• @Nick_A : We're happy RamNode customers and we're working on that status page. Thanks.

• edited March 2013

Public status page like this?
    https://nodeping.com/reports/checks/9ny01oib-ahqx-4000-8q9s-cy7xbganf6xi

Seems like a nice way to monitor my Piwik Server :)

• My pingdom account is expiring soon.
    @NodePing sent you an PM. Your service looks really good.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

A limited number of Webhook for the early adopter would be very appreciated. I waited that feature for months and when you implemented it you made it available only to a different plan :-(
    However, to the people flying aroud here which need a good monitoring service I can suggest to give nodeping a try :-)

• Thank you for the free account. I will keep it. A really well designed and easy to configure replacement for my pingdom account.

• @wlanboy said: A really well designed and easy to configure replacement for my pingdom account.

Thanks, @wlanboy. We hope you find it useful.

• This offer is coming to an end soon. We've given away about a dozen accounts so far.
    Any other takers?

• Well - thanks for mine. Much appreciated.

(Under My Account > Billing > NodePing Subscription, it says "Status: Free". Does that mean I've been moved over to the free account, or is that how a trial account appears as well?)

I've tested things, and it seems you offer a good service.

• jpsjjpsj Member

PM sent :)

• @JamesOakley said: "Status: Free". Does that mean I've been moved over to the free account,

Yes, that means free.

• Wonderful!

• Nice job! is chinese server-related website ok?

• @prometeus said: A limited number of Webhook for the early adopter would be very appreciated.

Business plan now includes unlimited webhook notifications.
    http://blog.nodeping.com/2013/03/19/webhooks-for-business-plan-customers/