Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aliyun changed bandwidth policy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aliyun changed bandwidth policy

tfdmyl70521tfdmyl70521 Member
edited July 2016 in Reviews

After I have bought the server they sent me this email:

Starting 00:00 July 14, 2016 UTC+8:00 all participants in the Starter Package campaign will have the Data Transfer special only apply to their prepaid ECS and EIP bound in prepaid ECS products. All other products used by the Customer will be billed at their usual bandwidth rate starting at that time.

Should you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.

WTF? They CHANGE the rules of Data Transfer I bought, whether I agree or not!

No restitution. No apologies. The spirit of the agreement is just a shit.

Be careful of this fraud.

Comments

• Kimfusi is your solution

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

I haven't received any email from them, and I have some virtual servers with them. Must be a special offer?

• @SplitIce said:
    I haven't received any email from them, and I have some virtual servers with them. Must be a special offer?

Yeah, maybe. I bought their Starter Package for $8/m. They may only send to users who have buy that.

• That's what they sent: http://i.imgur.com/aUIxAt4.png

• ECS means Aliyun's VPS.

This email is just explaining that the data package cannot be used on products beyond ECS and its IP.

• tfdmyl70521tfdmyl70521 Member
    edited July 2016

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    ECS means Aliyun's VPS.

This email is just explaining that the data package cannot be used on products beyond ECS and its IP.

Yes, whey told me I can use it in database and their other services.
    But now, after I paid for that, they JUST EXPLAIN I can ONLY use it on ECS and EIP, I have to pay for other services.
    They are fraud, obviously.

• spammyspammy Member

I am pretty sure if you read the contract carefully, there is a line that says something like "we reserve the rights to make modifications without prior notifications", etc etc.

And I am pretty sure if you spent your time reading the agreement between your phone company and your cable company and many VPS providers, they would say the same.

Calling them fraud just because they removed some incentives given to you is just ridiculous, and you should be happy at least they emailed you in advance rather than sending you a thousand dollar bill directly after.

Of course, if you are not happy with them, you don't have to use them, LEB is a fairly competitive market from what I can tell.

Thanked by 1miau
  • AliyunAliyun Member
    edited July 2016

The data package cannot be used on products beyond ECS and EIP.

Should you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.You can also create a workorder.

• KobeKobe Member

What else would you expect for a state sponsored cloud computing actor?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Title adjusted. Message left the same. Clearly not a case of fraud.

• @jarland said:
    Title adjusted. Message left the same. Clearly not a case of fraud.

Look on the bright side, "scam" wasn't used this time.

Thanked by 3jar Clouvider doghouch
  • I have also received this email but I am not that surprised...

Since lots of user in Mainland China use various ways to register the global Aliyun and abuse it (This is because its starter pack is REALLY cheap and attractive compared to the local price in Mainland China), the service quality decreases..... Aliyun are now at least trying to overturn the current situation instead of letting those abuser continue to use.

However I don't agree with this way of solving the problem. The major focus should be on terminating all those use virtual phone number to register the abusers instead of adjusting its policy like this.

• TheOnlyDK said: Look on the bright side, "scam" wasn't used this time.

Aliyun SCAM CHANGED BANDWIDTH POLICY. BEWARE CUSTOMERS, THEY STEAL YA MONEY

There, fixed it for you.

• You trust chinese hosting business???

• Maybe because many Chinese bought their HK node, and they cannot afford the traffic?
    But at least they should apology for their policy change!

• @jxdyzx said:
    Maybe because many Chinese bought their HK node, and they cannot afford the traffic?
    But at least they should apology for their policy change!

Keep thinking that.